CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! Empty
PostSubject: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 5:13 pm

Subject line pretty much covers it.

Really psyched, gonna buy a new headset just for it.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Your really that pumped for this?

Maybe I'm missing something... from all the videos released this game looks very mediocre to me.

Hopefully the time they took with the delay allowed them improve it.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 10:35 pm

It's about game play. Military simulation over shoot-em-up. I'm a big fan of the GRAW series for just that reason. If this game doesn't deliver on the promise of battle buddy coordinated attacks then yes I will be extremely disappointed.

Personally pre-released video has never impressed me for any game. Been disappointed by a couple of games that showed nice looking screen video only to suck in game play.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 10:56 pm

I wouldn't hold your breath for military style gameplay.

One of the mechanics sounds pretty far from anything realistic (or graw like)... If someone takes too much punishment his "agro bar" builds up, allowing the other player to become effectively invisible so that he can go take care of the bad guys.

When a game doesn't show gameplay it can always be a scary thing too, it's normally a vote of no confidence... especially for EA. They normally show there stuff all around.

Most of the press podcasts i Listen to seem pretty down on it.

Rainbow 6 vegas 2 is next month Smile So it's not all bad.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Hmmm interesting, err scary.

The next Rainbow Six should be interesting. Oddly no game so far has gotten me up on military simulation as the GRAW series.

Oh well I liked Halo well enough so if the Army of Two moves over towards munchy play so be it. If the supposed co-op play doesn't pan out then I'll be mad.

Critics just suck. They have a solid history of trashing good things while providing nothing really useful. Any review worth hearing is best by someone we know.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:52 pm

Quote :
Critics just suck. They have a solid history of trashing good things while providing nothing really useful. Any review worth hearing is best by someone we know.

I completely disagree with that but that is for another topic.

I am also a big fan of Ghost Recon, although I don't care for the cheapness that is the 3rd person view of the GRAW series. Well for MP anyway, the campaign was pretty well done, nice pacing.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 6:20 pm

Matt wrote:
I am also a big fan of Ghost Recon, although I don't care for the cheapness that is the 3rd person view of the GRAW series. Well for MP anyway, the campaign was pretty well done, nice pacing.
Third person verses 1st person is an eternal question for all shooter style games.

I actually like 3rd person because it at least partially gives back the perp-vision which is completely lost in 1st person. Personally with how things have gotten so advance people should be able to switch between the two.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 6:40 pm

You can in that game, it's still the sim style of the other games (no gun model) so that is a bummer.

I like the view for campaign, it's just pretty cheap for multiplayer (hide behind rock but still be able to see around it because of 3rd person). Rainbow 6 Vegas suffered from this in multiplayer too.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 1:21 pm

Picked the game up. Suffers from the same problem Gears of War had. Ends fast. Come to think of it Halo 3 ended early too. Is this an industry trend?

I think of this game as if Rainbow Six Vegas and Halo 3 had a baby. For better or worse. Work with a buddy or controllable AI and bash bad people.

Weapon customizing is amusing but hardly realistic. Combat shields on weapons? Other than larger mags and forgrips the logic for other things is baffling.

To summerize the game in one sentence, "Arm of Two is a crunchy shooter style game with the option for battle buddy tactics."
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 4:52 pm

Quote :
Ends fast. Come to think of it Halo 3 ended early too. Is this an industry trend?

The level of production in the games you mentioned makes it hard for them to produce lengthy games (well really lengthy anyay). If a company could fund the development time to do something super long then I'm sure they would... but a lot of these games have to get out the door to start making money back.

If you haven't played it already I would suggest Half Life 2, with both the Episodes already released it approaches 40 hours or so.

Quote :
I think of this game as if Rainbow Six Vegas and Halo 3 had a baby

You mean as far as the co-op is concerned right? Seems strange for those games to give birth to a Gears of War like game (I felt the game was almost exactly like Gears with a bit more realism myself).

Seemed a bit run of the mill for me. In my opinion, the lack of a demo release normally means a game won't live up to the hype. While I have only played an hour or so of it, it's pretty mediocre.

Props to EA for holding it back though, this game would most likely have been terrible if it had released when it originally intended to.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 3:48 pm

Matt wrote:
If you haven't played it already I would suggest Half Life 2, with both the Episodes already released it approaches 40 hours or so.
Played the first game. Never did beat the big ugly at the end. I just couldn't figure out to do.
Matt wrote:
Seemed a bit run of the mill for me. In my opinion, the lack of a demo release normally means a game won't live up to the hype. While I have only played an hour or so of it, it's pretty mediocre.
You are correct, the co-op. They actually snuck in allot of D-pad features that people can actually play it coop without mics.

I can understand the lack-luster sentiment. So many shooters are getting out that it's a genera now.

If this game is any indication on the control trend then the next Rainbow Six should be good. One thing that I did not like in that game was the use of cover is wonky and the movement controls weren't very responsive. What I have really liked is how when gaming with some friends the AI isn't always the same. So team work still pays off.
Matt wrote:
Props to EA for holding it back though, this game would most likely have been terrible if it had released when it originally intended to.
So the production drive has hit the game market that hard. How depressing.

Is that what happened with Halo 2 & 3? Neither game really compares well with their epic parent. Although I always thought it had more to do with them being more interested in the multi-player verses option instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!   army - Army of Two, March 4.  WOOT! Empty

Back to top Go down

Army of Two, March 4. WOOT!
Page 1 of 1