CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders?

Go down 
+2
Matt
JMarv
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders? Empty
PostSubject: Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders?   Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 2:30 pm

So probably because I was trying to keep my army less expensive by not buying metal models, I just realized (partially through looking at archives on B&C) that I can buy terminator armor for 5pts for each of my pack leaders (sargeants) I should totally be doing this right? I guess the other fringe negative is that it means that I am forced to discard my bolter and buy another weapon like a storm or combi-bolter. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders?   Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 4:00 pm

even at only 5 pts, i think it's kind of a waste... I mean, how often will he use it?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders?   Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 4:13 pm

Well my guys end up in CC a good amount of the time. If he has to make 1 armor save per game then that will save an extra .1667 wounds which on an 86 point model is 14.33 pts for a 5 pt item. It also allows him to have an invuln save, which is typically what would kill one of these guys near the end of the game so a 5+ invuln would save 28.66 pts on average versus one power wound per game.

It just kinda dawned on my how sad it is that my pack leaders end up costing my around 80 pts, that's as much as some peoples full on HQs.

I also just realized I should totally drop the belt of russ on my biker lord for a storm shield cause it's 15 pts cheaper and if I'm not in CC I probably just turbo-boosted.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders?   Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 5:54 pm

and the math hammer has spoken......
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders?   Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Haha, I stand corrected.

John is the math-hammer after all.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders?   Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 7:54 pm

I like the idea. It makes your squad leaders more leader-ish.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders?   Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 1:56 am

Its useful when playing against marines of anytype, but losing the sweep against xenos armies could hurt you.

With the 15pts saved by getting the storm shield, have you thought about artificer armour? The 2+ save can be great for turbo boosting across the board. It also complements the T5 from the bike.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders?   Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 2:23 pm

the armour is like 20 points itself more than saved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders?   Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders? Empty

Back to top Go down

Terminator Armor for my Pack Leaders?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: