CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?) Empty
PostSubject: Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)   Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?) EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi everyone,

For awhile I have been thiunking of doing an RPG scenario or one-shot that takes place on Mars and involves a Rebellion or revolution against an Earth colonial government.

I always pictured this as a 50% miniatures games and 50% Role playing game with the GURPS rules used for the mechanics of it all.

On the days I work at the store I've been playing episodes of BABYLON 5 - think of the Martian independence storyline from that show merged with some parts of the background story of the movie TOTAL RECALL.

For miniatures - I'm thinking of using slight repaints of AT-43 miniatures and possibly the more 'generic'-looking STAR WARS minis.
In other words, this will be VERY "Homebrew" .

Would any of you guys be interested in something liuke that??

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)   Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?) EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:46 pm

I am for sure interested in this. It would work better for me if it was a one shot (already a lot on my plate as it is).

Keep me in the know!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)   Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?) EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 2:24 am

I might be, but my gurps rules are old and I don't own any of the mini's.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)   Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?) EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 2:27 am

What AT-43 minitures are needed?
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)   Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?) EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 2:16 pm

Crobar wrote:
I might be, but my gurps rules are old and I don't own any of the mini's.

There are no special "minis rules" - just would be using the straight 4th edition GURPS rules for combat.

At the store (SciFicity) we've got FREE copies of GURPS Lite that have the combat rules in them. Just pick one up next time you're in the store.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)   Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?) EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 4:33 pm

Qoltar wrote:
At the store (SciFicity) we've got FREE copies of GURPS Lite that have the combat rules in them. Just pick one up next time you're in the store.

You say your going to use some of the AT-43 Minitures right.

My question is, how are you going to use AT-43 minitures, if SCI-FI city does not carry the Line?
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)   Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?) EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 6:52 pm

Sigma Golem wrote:

You say your going to use some of the AT-43 Minitures right.

My question is, how are you going to use AT-43 minitures, if SCI-FI city does not carry the Line?

because - I already own some.

This is NOT a huge battle scene.
Think then 60% roleplaying , 40% miniatures bedng used.
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)   Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:22 am

Do any of you guys have damaged or 'common' figs from either STAR WARS minis or AT -43 that you would be willing to sell to me cheap?

I want to get at least 8 to 10 "uniformed" or battlesuited figures to portray one of the factions in the MARS idea.

Haven't decided yet if its the government/Terran troops or the religious fanatics.

Either PM me or stop by the store - I'm usually there daytime shifts till around 5:30pm or 6pm.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)   Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Martian Rebellion, with figs and GURPS rules(SAVAGE WORLDS?)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Other Gaming :: Role Playing Games-
Jump to: