CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5th edtion Tau list

Go down 
+6
JTPitt
Nathan
Marc
Scav
Rob
FrostWolf
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

5th edtion Tau list Empty
PostSubject: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:34 pm

so based off what I have heard about 5th I redid my Tau list, the Bonding knifes are free yes

1750 Tau list

Farsight 170

Commander: twin plasma, missile, iridium Armour, stim injector, multi tracker, 2 shield drones
2 Bodyguards: twin plasma, missile, multi tracker, 4 shield drones bonding knife 386

6 Fire Warriors, team leader bonding knife 70
6 Fire Warriors 60
6 Fire Warriors 90

Crisis Suit Leader: twin plasma, missile, multi tracker, 2 shield drones bonding knife 112
Crisis Suit Leader: twin plasma, missile, multi tracker, 2 shield drones bonding knife 112

2 Broadsides: 1 shar’vre, targeting array, 2 shield drones bonding knife 200

2 shield drone squads 160

Hamerhead: railgun, smart missile, multi tracker, disruption pod 165

Total 1747
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:00 pm

what happens when people start shooting lascannons at you?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:07 pm

shield drones Rob shield Drones
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:37 pm

indeed, but there are those pesky basilisks to worry about, and even then massed fire from any weapon will knock the drones out quick, 6 wounds ish, and then all it takes is well plave lascannon/missile launcher to put an end to your not so mighty suits.
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:51 pm

FrostWolf wrote:

6 Fire Warriors 60
6 Fire Warriors 90

whats the difference between these 2 units?

dont know much about tau.. but i see a LOT of firepower.

love suit-heavy lists. they can put out sick shots.

i would like to see how this plays before i could critique it
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 3:18 pm

none forgot to update the bottom one is only 60 points, and Rob the commander has a 2+ save and yea you could dump a huge aoumt of firepower to maybe kill them, maybe but it is going to take more than 6 more like 20ish to drop both
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 3:23 pm

I'd rather have more firepower than defensive gimmicks Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 3:27 pm

gimmicks? they arent they do better than most people think the extra 2 wounds are great and funny enough if the suit gets into combat......(which yea I know never do but I have farsight Razz) they do the most damage, and I have a good amount of firepower(and no I cant add another hammerhead if I wanted to, only 1 max for farisght and broad sides also)
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:02 pm

I did not realize this was farsight. Stupid fake MC.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:05 pm

fake MC ? come on its not like I know all the stupid shortnames or anything Razz
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:10 pm

MC - Monstrous Creature. Damn 'Nids.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:13 pm

Cant say I agree with how the list was formed. Personally I would take as much fire power as I can. But to each his own as they say. Not sayin there aint a lot of fire power but I just think you could over load more fire power and make the force more mobile. And no I wasnt sayin going to say firewarriors are everything. And dont call me out Bruce. I was in the process of editing it because I was updating wat i was saying.

Last edited by JTPitt on Thu May 22, 2008 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:15 pm

how is he a fake MC, JT give sugestions not what you would do please, if you dont have advice dont post. I am takeing as much firepower I can pack but I like have inv saves, and before you say it firewarrios are not everything and I have 30 of them
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:15 pm

This is his list come 5th, so lots of troops, even if they are squishy and good with ketsup (sp?).
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:16 pm

Does his sword not make him a Monstrous Creature anymore?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:17 pm

no he is just a normal jump infatnatry the blade gives him no armour save attacks and 2d6+5 pen rolls, but nothing to do with MC's
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:18 pm

Bruce I will say this, for the simple fact that I dont call you out on the forums. So remember to be mindful of others. I did add more to it. Sorry some of us have to work so we get interrupted while we do things.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:19 pm

That's the basis for a MC Bruce.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:21 pm

I wasnt calling you out, it was general comment, every one is guilty of posting stuff that does not help at all in any way shape or form, but you said counts as MC, Razz he doesnt he is still normal unit size Razz , but yea than yes he is a mini MC go the tau mini MC.
On the Mobile comment, I am the type of guy who enjoys forceing my enomy to come to me, unless Im fighting 3 basilisks(in which case if I can spot them they wont live) or another tau player, the player has to come to me as my normal gun will out range them thats just my style for range fighting with tau
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Thats something I believe in. Go with what works for you. I was in the middle of editing that post when you called me out thats why I figured I would throw that in.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:45 pm

as I said I didnt truely call you out was more of a genral statment(though yes I used you as the example). At this point really I will almost have to see how it ends up doing
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Yes, yes you do.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 6:40 pm

Wanna try against orks? I'll give ya a run!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 7:00 pm

FrostWolf wrote:
Hamerhead: railgun, smart missile, multi tracker, disruption pod 165
Aren't skimmers getting nerfed in the next edition? Or maybe balanced depending on how you look at it.

Maybe another Broadside or two thinner equiped Crisis suites? So far I love the missile/plasma combo along with 98% of anyone else interested in the suites.

With the insentive to bring more infantry on a semi-open board you might be able to get away with using infantry squads for cover rather than solid terrain. Presuming you can make the future cover saves.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list EmptyThu May 22, 2008 7:02 pm

I wanna see you try this list against my gt eldar. They might just get their first win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list Empty

Back to top Go down

5th edtion Tau list
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next