CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5th edtion Tau list

Go down 
+6
JTPitt
Nathan
Marc
Scav
Rob
FrostWolf
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Ok Bob I cant add another squad of either crusis suits or broadsides, which is what the 165 points would amount to, Rob watch it I just might get back to kicking people around with Tau Razz , Makari Ill have to take you up on that ork battle one of these times might be fun, Now if only I could stop trying to put farsights feet on backwards Id be set
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Bob: They are getting nerfed a little bit, nothing too outrageous unless some of the rumors that have been back and forth fall on the wrong side of the line.

So Holo-Falcons will still be nigh unstoppable. Just a little less nigh unstoppable Smile

Last edited by Matt on Fri May 23, 2008 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:17 pm

night unstopable? lol Matt mind giveing me advice and not answering Bob's question for it is still anyones guess
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:19 pm

It's not really anyones guess any more. 5th Edition is done, people have it in their hands already.

Advice, fish of fury will still be awesome in 5th. Kroot as a screen might be viable with the 4+ cover they would provide when being shot through... and crisis suits should still be your bread and butter.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Matt ok what do I lose to add the fish, or the Koot ??????????
Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:22 pm

Whatever you want man, then show us a new list. Playtest as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Matt I have no clue what I want to drop, I like my list as is, but people are saying do this or that, I cant do that without dropping things and that is my qustion what does said person think I should lose
Back to top Go down
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 EmptySat May 24, 2008 2:59 am

Well Bruce after looking over you list and other people's advice, plus knowing what gives me trouble on the table I came up with this. Two question though, can a farsight list have kroot? And does Farsight count for your one Crisis commander?

334 Farsight: 2 Bodyguard with Plasma, Missile Pod, HW Multi-Tracker, Targetting Array

241 Commander:Plas, MP, HWMT, TA; 2 Bodyguard: Plas, MP, MT
124 Crisis x2: Plas, MP, MT

145 Firewarriors x12: Shas'ui with Markerlight, HW Target Lock
145 Firewarriors x12: Shas'ui with Markerlight, HW Target Lock
190 Firewarriors x10: Devilfish with Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pods
190 Firewarriors x10: Devilfish with Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pods

180 Hammerhead: Gun drones, Multi-Tracker, Disruption and Decoy
200 Broadsides x2: 2 shield drones, A.S.S., Target Lock

I started with the Suites, I think I squeezed one more in the end. I fit the two firewarrior squads with devilfish for all the combined drones you had runing around but all the tanks have them so you still have 6 gun drones, if consolidating works out the way I think it might these 3 squads will be more important than any shield drone just because they can intercept a charge. The two markerlights would be best used for removing cover saves off vehicles in 5th, nothing like that falcon failings it 5+ or even 6+ save then blowing it pieces. Your other list gave up 25 kill points this one only gives up 18 KP. You have 42 firewarriors for scoring instead of 30, with only one less squad. I dunno how helpful this was or even will be, but I gave it my best shot on rumors and no testing.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 EmptySat May 24, 2008 7:53 am

no farsight doesnt count as the +1 commander, and no he cant take any kroot(opps forgot that one), Thanks for the ideas Steve
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 EmptySat May 24, 2008 9:35 am

I think you can take alot from steves list. Namely if you are going to play an offensive list, buy offensive things. Shield drones are great on broadsides, never take them without it becaues the are huge targets and are going to draw alot of fire. But what makes crisis suits so powerful is there ability to not get shot by outranging and JSJ. Bonzai chargeing really isint the way to go. So your crisis suits really do not need shielding. The points would be better spent going the direction that steve did and getting more shots to take down things that may be able to chase down your suits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5th edtion Tau list   5th edtion Tau list - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

5th edtion Tau list
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: