CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some new WIPs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Some new WIPs Empty
PostSubject: Some new WIPs   Some new WIPs EmptyThu May 29, 2008 7:55 am

Well, I'm working on some new stuff, and figured I'd share Smile

First, a Missionary (?... either that or a Priest):
Some new WIPs Missionary

And, this is going to be my Inquisitor (and according to Army Builder, this is a good buildout):

Some new WIPs Inquisitor

Anyhow, I'm thinking the Inquisitor will be my mini for the competition/drawing, so I probably won't be putting any more WIP shots up (though, I will take them as I go along) Wink Though, you'll notice that the right arm has some stud type things on it, those will be going away, as they are what's left over from the Chaos Termie Lord arm that I used Smile All of the Chaos iconography is gone from it otherwise!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Some new WIPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new WIPs   Some new WIPs EmptyThu May 29, 2008 9:50 am

I would have the inquisitor aiming his bolt gun, it just works a lot better with that particular arm (the blade makes it really long and low to the ground otherwise).

The eagle on the chest is normally a symbol of the astartes too, not always the case, but removing it and adding an =I= would make him more less easy to mistake as a space marine.

After that I would add some details. The =I= pendant that every inquisitor wears should be there (the =I= symbol, normally on a heavy chain). A cloak perhaps, or even a book chained to his waist.

Looking good so far man, keep up the good work! Oh and I would use that priest as a vet guardsman or something... because priests/preachers are terrible! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Some new WIPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new WIPs   Some new WIPs EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:12 am

I'll have some inquisition symbols on it eventually, but I have a story, fluffwise, where he is going to be an Inquisitor inducted from the Ultramarines.... I won't go into the details as such, as I don't have all of it written out all that well yet, so I still want to go with the Astartes theme, but also with the Inquisition theme. If I put the Inquisitor's chain with the symbol on it, I think that would help... His right shoulder pad, with the name plate, I'm going to try to do a free hand Inquisition symbol... Don't know how it's going to work out, but definitely worth a try... I was also going to modify the Chaos Lord cloak and put it on him, and again try to free hand an Ultramarine emblem with an =I= overtop of it.... that I'm not so sure of, but I'm thinking about it... I see what you mean about aiming the storm bolter, though, and I'll probably move that next chance I get Smile

And, good idea on the vet guardsman! I actually have one in the retinue list that I posted in the Army lists section with a plasma gun, so it would probably work out pretty well!
Back to top Go down

Some new WIPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new WIPs   Some new WIPs EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:35 pm

I like the termie conversion. What type of resin base are you using?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Some new WIPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new WIPs   Some new WIPs EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:51 pm

Yeah I thought he would fit well as the vet in the retinue.

Also watch the mold lines around the cock piece, seems like you have a bunch left on there.

I would not use the crux terminatus shoulder pad, instead I'd use the Inquisitor terminator shoulder pad. Not sure what sprue it comes on though.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Some new WIPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new WIPs   Some new WIPs EmptyThu May 29, 2008 1:32 pm

The non-close combat sprue.... I'll have to order a bit from the war store or something like that since I don't have one at the moment.... Yeah I guess it probably wouldn't be the best to have it as the crux... As to the mold lines, yeah, haven't went through and detailed those out yet. Heck, I just finished assembling it last night Smile

Oh, and jgemrich, this is where I get my bases: http://www.dragonforge.com/Painting%20service/for%20sale/gaming_bases.htm

Some new WIPs 40mm%20concrete%20rubble

He's a fellow that used to work on the Ral Partha Battletech line when they were on the east side of town. I've bought a number of bases from him, and they are of phenomenal quality! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Some new WIPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new WIPs   Some new WIPs EmptyThu May 29, 2008 1:36 pm

Oh, and I think I'm going to do a psychic hood addition to the termie.... since that was a suggestion from the army list post!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Some new WIPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new WIPs   Some new WIPs EmptyThu May 29, 2008 1:54 pm

A lot of players do those with shoulder pads.

Like this hood (the model on the left).

http://www.minivault.com/BloodRavenLibrarian.htm
Back to top Go down

Some new WIPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new WIPs   Some new WIPs EmptyThu May 29, 2008 3:12 pm

Quote :
He's a fellow that used to work on the Ral Partha Battletech line when they were on the east side of town. I've bought a number of bases from him, and they are of phenomenal quality!

Yep. Jeff Wilhelm. Wasn't sure if that was his or not. I have some of his tech deck bases and wastelands 2. They are nice.

Jeff also has place recently in a couple GD events. I think the UK in 2006 for an ork piece. I've had the fortune paint with him as well. Very talented.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some new WIPs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some new WIPs   Some new WIPs Empty

Back to top Go down

Some new WIPs
Page 1 of 1