CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my squiggoth and many other wips. warning pic heavy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy Empty
PostSubject: my squiggoth and many other wips. warning pic heavy   my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 10:20 pm

hey guys just thought i'd show you what i've been up to for the past (long time) on and off. here are a bunch of my scratch sculpted wips most of which progress has been stopped for a while. i have also posted newer pics of my squiggoth. the armor and howdah's basic struucture is done i just need to add a lot more detail to it you know scrap metal, chains, spikes, the works. i still have a lot to go. let me know what you guys think about these models. critique is very welcome just dont hurt my feeelings too bad Wink. alright well here they are:

squiggoth overall view
my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy Squiggothprogressdo6

squiggoth face
my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy Squiggothhead2ao2

squiggoth overhead
my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy Squiggothoverheadvu7

big puppet monster
my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy Puppetmonsterfm7

mushroom man
my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy Mushroommannk7

killer snowman
my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy Killersnowmanhy4

goblin cannon
my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy Goblingunhg4

Demon Prince
my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy Daemonprincefg6

i hope you like em let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: my squiggoth and many other wips. warning pic heavy   my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 10:36 pm

Looking good dude, it will be nice to see when you add that extra level of detail to a lot of these.

The squiggoth is looking good, I'd use a thin blade to rough his skin up some. Make it look all leathery (kind of like an elephant). Then as you were saying, add more detail and plates with rivets and such. You think any more about some tiny front arms?

It would be cool to have a chaos icon or something in his teeth, like it got stuck there when he was eating it.

Looking good man, keep it up.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

PostSubject: Re: my squiggoth and many other wips. warning pic heavy   my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 6:22 pm

thanks for the replies matt. i dont think i'm going to add arms b/c i have a lot of trouble sculpting hands and i think it works fine without them (fantasy squigs have no arms). basically i dont find it worth the effort. common guys where are all the replies. i need replies. i spent like an hour taking pics and posting them last night and i only get one reply? pittiful. Very Happy maybe you guys are intimidated by my skill. or the models are to perfect so far and you guys are to in awe to say anything. lol. Very Happy keep the replies comming.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: my squiggoth and many other wips. warning pic heavy   my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 6:48 pm

Demon prine and squig look great the rest well to me they just look weird but thats just me
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: my squiggoth and many other wips. warning pic heavy   my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 7:42 pm

I believe most of them are at the stage when they are about to receive a lot of detail.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

PostSubject: Re: my squiggoth and many other wips. warning pic heavy   my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 8:33 pm

yeah they do need a lot of detail. my squiggoth is near completion. i just added rivets and scrap metal. i must say it looks sweet.
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: my squiggoth and many other wips. warning pic heavy   my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 8:40 pm

the deamon prince is sick!
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: my squiggoth and many other wips. warning pic heavy   my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 5:04 pm

Biggest thing, put the squiggoth on a base so you don't have to ruin the tail. Other than that they all look really good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my squiggoth and many other wips. warning pic heavy   my squiggoth and many other wips.  warning pic heavy Empty

Back to top Go down

my squiggoth and many other wips. warning pic heavy
Page 1 of 1