CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?

Go down 
+6
Preter
Bojesphob
Marc
JMarv
CJ
Matt
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? Empty
PostSubject: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 6:14 pm

Anyone wanting to do a terrain day to get our terrain ready for 5th Ed?

We are going to need some bigger true LoS terrain and so on.

Of course i wont be there, just getting the ball rolling!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 6:50 pm

If it's a Sat...I'm in.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 7:36 am

I think this will be a very necessary thing to do, otherwise gunlines will rule the day on our boards since we will have nothing to hide behind.

Or everyone will have to bring lists with lots of land raiders and rhinos to just be mobile cover.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 1:11 pm

yeah, the more i read of 5th, the more i think we need new LOS blocking terrain.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Personally I love Greg's enormous rock terrain piece. 14 inches long, 8 inches high and 6 inches wide about.

My entire army can hide behind that beast. While we don't need mega terrain like that, we should build some things that can fully and partially hide some larger models.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 3:20 pm

I have been picking thru eBay looking for Land Raiders, Leman Russ, Chimeras, etc that are being sold for cheap as they have awful paint jobs or whatever. These will make some nice wrecks.

Example
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 4:43 pm

I'm thinking 1 or 2 cities of death big boxes are in order...
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Yeah, I'd have to agree, Matt. I REALLY like the Cities of Death stuff, and really want to paint some of it! Smile Maybe I might need to add that to my July painting pledge....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 6:41 pm

totally down with CoD. Notice my post in the market forum.

I'd be willing to host a build party at my crib.

I've got a ton of grey paint from other projects, plastistruct pieces, spare hard board, flock and ballast, pipe, 30#s dental plaster, hirst molds, checked wallpaper, tacky glue, glue gun, envirotex water, epoxy, foam and foam cutters. Everyonethat comes pitches in $10 for the CoD boxes and we fire it up. We can make it a all day Sat event. 10am to whenever. I did this before for our Conf group pre gen con.

add a couple of cases of brew in the cooler and BAM... you can block some LOS.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 6:49 pm

FORGET THAT!!! I bringing out the big mountain of doom that I had on the table playing Marc in the WoH tourny!!!!!! LOL ENTIRE SQUAD OF GK TERMIES BEHIND THAT BAD BOY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Preter
Neophyte
Preter

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 9:23 pm

The only necessary terrain is three building to hide basilisks behind.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Sounds like a blast John, let us know a time and I'll be there at least.

Terrain might be my favorite aspect of the game.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Thanks John!

Quote :
ENTIRE SQUAD OF GK TERMIES BEHIND THAT BAD BOY!!!!
You'll be able to transport those around in a Chimera now CJ Wink
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 10:06 pm

I got unpainted CoD!!!!

Matt where is all the tree terrain?

I would like to participate in this but I'm an extremely busy guy for a little bit.... But I can offer stuff to be used for terrran! I have an ass load of good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
krak_kirby
Neophyte
krak_kirby

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 12:44 am

If one of you guys wants to pick it up, I'll sell any number of the kits on my website for half off.

www.flyingtricycle.com

The res-units and city square are quite large, and I'm working on a tank factory and a landing facility like the one in the latest White Dwarf.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 1:15 am

The trees are sitting in a box at my parents house.

but to be honest they are pretty useless in 5th.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 6:00 am

cover is still cover!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 7:11 am

I think a tree here and there might look good for effect, but forests are just annoying now imo.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 am

cover isn't still cover when you get a 4+ from the unit in front of you. Better to use our terrain to build things that actually impact the game. Trees and forests are in the past my friend.
Back to top Go down
methoderik
Neophyte
methoderik

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 11:55 am

Matt wrote:
cover isn't still cover when you get a 4+ from the unit in front of you. Better to use our terrain to build things that actually impact the game. Trees and forests are in the past my friend.

Yeah, try telling that to my Kroot Warriors...
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 11:59 am

Kroot should be coming in from the sides and causing mayhem.

Keep your Fire Warriors in the Devilfish for scoring Wink Seriously, the Devilfish APC is silly tough now.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:14 pm

Quote :

yeah, kroot have no business hiding in trees really.

Big city buidlings are to 5th what trees were to 4th
Back to top Go down
methoderik
Neophyte
methoderik

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Matt wrote:
Quote :

yeah, kroot have no business hiding in trees really.

Big city buidlings are to 5th what trees were to 4th

What!? What else do you do with them? ld7 t3 s3 i3 no save. You bring them out of cover and they are toast. I can't see anything but a couple of big squads to sit on objectives or speed bump.

It will take a while for terrain to catch up to 5th, so you got your trees for a little bit. Especially at my hizouse.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:40 pm

nah man, use them to outflank and hit heavy weapon squads in the backfield. At least that is how I see them being used now.

Coming in from the board edges and hitting slow moving/static squads.
Back to top Go down
methoderik
Neophyte
methoderik

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:47 pm

Matt wrote:
nah man, use them to outflank and hit heavy weapon squads in the backfield. At least that is how I see them being used now.

Coming in from the board edges and hitting slow moving/static squads.

I hear ya! Maybe, I was thinking more Stealths for that role. Kroot are just so unimpressive on the charge most of the time. With hounds they do OK.

I really want a few bases of those new platic Citadel woods. They would block LOS pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?   Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards? Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrain Day to 5th-i-fy our boards?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: