CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)

Go down 
+6
Nathan
Marc
JMarv
mikerollsones
CJ
Matt
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) Empty
PostSubject: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 8:48 pm

Sorry no pics yet, don't mean to be a tease.

Just posting to ask if anyone has any old useless junk. Like...

Tins
Plastic covers
Pipe pieces
Bottle caps
Plastic
Card
Plastic-card Wink
Bitz
Foam
Foam-board
Flock/Sand
Spray paint you don't need
Little machine parts, fans etc.

In short, pretty much anything

One board is around 30% complete. I need something that could represent drop pods for this one.

The second board is around 40% complete. With most of the parts for this one already acquired. Extra bits here will add flavor.

I plan to use both boards in a large apocalypse game over the holiday, and I'm working a lot to get them together. I'll post todays progress tomorrow (a whopping corner piece and 2 walls Smile).

I'll be soliciting peoples help, so also let me know when/if you are free to give me a hand.

Last edited by on Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 11:49 pm

Matt....Next week Wed and Thurs I'm yours during the day....wants some usless Lego or Zoid stuff??? Plenty of crap pieces there....
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 12:30 am

Thanks for the offer, but those pieces would be too difficult to convert into 40k style things.

Would be glad to have the help though, that or get a game or two in!
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 12:34 am

work one day...game the other...
Back to top Go down
mikerollsones
Neophyte
mikerollsones

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 12:53 am

ive got mass stuff. and plasticard.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 9:13 am

I have some black spray paint I could donate, as well as some of my time this weekend. Most of the bits that I have are Tyranid or Fantasy related so I don't know how well that will work, I have extra bolters if that would help at all.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 10:27 am

This weekend would probably work, when do you leave again John?

I'd like to get these finished so we can get you involved in the game.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 2:21 pm

I have various Citadel Colour spray paint (camo, red, etc)

Any specific bitz in mind Matt?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 3:14 pm

I'm certain Danny's got a lot of useless junk like that. I got bitz, but that's all.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 3:48 pm

I leave on Thursday the 20th. And I'm free on saturday afternoon and all of sunday.
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 3:55 pm

we may have a few things. i would love to help out too (would have to be on a weekend though).
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Hmmm, I was thinking of playing Saturday, but depending on how thursday terrain day with Dan goes that may change.

can anyone make it tomorrow (thursday 12.12.07)?

Terraining from like 11 until 6ish
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 6:18 pm

At your house or the store?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 6:54 pm

EDIT: forgot about a lunch meeting i have tomorrow. This will have to happen later, pm me you phone # if interested and I will call to let you know when to meet up (should be early/mid afternoon).

my house. say around mid day.

11930 brookway drive 45240

and/or hit the cell 513.919.9856
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 2:33 am

Me and Dan had a terrain building mega session.

Got quite a few bits 90% finished.

sorry, the camera lense is still busted (screw a 100 dollar repair, ill buy a new one thank you!). So the shots are still a bit off.

First the ground board bits

Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) Hills2

The fist few hills, and some terminators Smile

Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) Hills

More hills, more terminators Smile

Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) Bunkers

The Bunkers, finally finished the one and started the other, just the details left to do.

Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) Billboard

The billboard emplacement, text reads "Fear is Naught, for my faith is strong" (a little hard to read on the photo).

Now the ship board

Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) Turbines

Turbine pieces, pretty large (all terrain will be impassable to simulate a roof with no way to climb over most obstacles. These are 6" wide, 4" tall and 6" deep.

Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) ShipWalls

Corridor, really just two walls, I just took 3 seconds to sketch a roof in.

The ground board is a pretty permanent collection, with the ship board being more of a quick build for the apocalypse game (not anything I want to keep around forever, hence it being pretty shoddy).

Everything is still a work in progress... so let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 8:40 am

I love the billboard. That will be my new favorite terrain piece. And sorry about not being able to make it, I really wanted to but I got stuck helping my wife memorize all the stuff for a med school test today.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 9:41 am

Looking great Matt.

I agree with John. Billboard is sweet. How was that accomplished?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 10:43 am

looks fantastic!!! Can't wait to see it next week!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 11:55 am

Marc: I made the billboard in photoshop, putting that 10 hours a week of school photoshopping to good use. It's weathered and then coated ith wood glue and warn in spots by hand.

I sculpted the sandbags and baked them onto the base. After that it was just getting it painted.

All of the terrain on this page sans building the bunkers (and painting one of them) was completed in under 6 hours with me and Dan.

Dan was failing to cut 1"x 2" pieces of foam for about 1 1/2 of those hours Smile

The rest he was spilling glue and cutting things crooked. He occasionally helped to glue something only for it to fall apart later on.

Other than that he was very helpful Wink

John: no worries! Next time...
Back to top Go down
Mad Dok grotsnik
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 12:22 pm

Matt,

If there's anything I can do to help, just LMK. Never really constructed terrain before, but I know I could paint it.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 12:34 pm

Mike: Will do man, luckily there isn't much left to do now. What did you think of the stuff?

I think Dan learned a lot while working with me on the terrain, I'll let him chime in on that. Thanks again Dan.
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 2:29 pm

wow man.. i am lovin the billboard for sure. looks like one awesome battleground dude!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 5:12 pm

Thanks man, it's getting there.
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 5:24 pm

everything looks great! really like the billboard.

you definitely need to post pics of your death wing! they also look like matt quality work. (that's a good thing)
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Yeah I have of bunch of that stuff to post, but my camera being in semi broken state is really annoying.

I'll work on getting some pics up over break though. OR you could drag your dad to Sci Fi city on Saturday and see all of it in persoon Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)   Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*) Empty

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Boards (*UPDATED*)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next