CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl

Go down 
+3
HAND OF DUME
JMarv
altahara
7 posters
AuthorMessage
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl Empty
PostSubject: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:53 am

I got bored.. what do you all think? hehe

120Chaos Lord Term armour
115 chaos X7 Missile
115 chaos X7 Missile
310 termX3 Land Raider
310 termX3 Land Raider
310 termX3 Land Raider
235 Land Raider Earm
235 Land Raider Earm
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 6:31 am

no suggestions? no comments?? cmon i think i am seriously going to field this list...
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 7:47 am

It's a one trick pony list. The trick is "can you blow up AV 14?"

remember about only troops scoring, so you only have two units that score in your list. If your opponent is smart and focus on your troop units, you could have three land raiders and termies and lord left at the end of the game and one firewarrior behind a rock beats you.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 7:51 am

Dude if you have that many land raiders painted, I would line them up and roll forward tank shocking annd ramming as I go. My buddy has used my land raiders in several games lately and if I recall right has only lost a sponson lascannon in all. Put those troops in a raider and sit on an objective and dare your opponent to "come get some". Hope I dont' come up against you at KK sunday. Might have to think of strategy in case I do. See you there.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 10:31 am

I don't think he's worried about troops scoring with list......with this...there will be NO troops left to score WITH! LOL
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 10:35 am

This is probably the perfect Chaos list for Crons to beat. Small squads to take out with concentrated fire, lots of vehicles to autoglance into oblivion, and half the army guns are single-shot lascannons which I can resorb everyone back from
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 11:07 am

It would probably also have a tough go against orks. Those landraiders can only kill what 2 orks a turn each from the lascannons and then you mount TL-heavy bolters in the middle so 5 orks max? Although odds would only 2.89 per turn with to hit and to wound rolls.

To do well I think it will have to have good rock-paper-scissors fu.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 12:04 pm

I'd take that list with my ork Horde and blow the raiders back to the pit they came from!!!

6) 30 ork Boyz with 3 rokkit launchas and a nob with a power klaw.
Can't tank shock...
Powerklaws and rokkit launchas will widdle the raiders down faster then the raiders can widdle them down. Then all I have to do is make sure that snikrot and the Tankbustas get in quick!

Or I'll take my nine battle wagon Ork list with ZZap gunz and Deff rollas! should be fun!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Why can't they be tank shocked? Is that an ork mob special rule?

I thought fearless squads just automatically passed their leadership test and therefore wouldn't fall back, but would still be shocked out of the way of the tank.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 12:29 pm

ok yes they just get out of the way. Thats what i meant, sorry. I only considered them tank shocked if they would actually run...
But you bring up a good point though.

Anyone getting in the way of the Deff rolla wether they pass or fail takes D6 S10 hits... Death or glory really I don't mind that means teh unit takes 2D6 S10 hits before you roll for the death or glory!!! Oh and don't get me started if i ram those hefty AV14 raiders!!! Battlewagons are 14 too (in the front), speaking of which.... so what happens when i ram with a deff rolla.... I know for sure that I do teh D6 S10 hits but then do I also roll the Ramming?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 12:32 pm

A ram is a kind of Tank Shock, and the d6 S10 huts are done before resolving the Tank Shock, so... yes?
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 1:33 pm

Quote :
I'd take that list with my ork Horde and blow the raiders back to the pit they came from!!!

They won't be sending the LR anywhere, all those rokkit launchers can do is immobilize or destroy a weapon and only on 6's will that happen. They still need 5's to hit first. And if he saw a battle wagon with a 'roller, He better be hitting that first with the lascannons. Zap guns are a different story (still need good rolls on the strength). If I was him, I wouldn't ram you in the front 14, that would be foolish, go for the side or rear

Rolling those 5 LR's together, side by side (25 inches across) and shockin', you could push them (eventually and with some luck) off the table.

Would be a great game to see!
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 2:01 pm

i, sadly, do not have this many raidersassembled and painted... Yet.. MWUHAHAHAHA

it is merely for fun times not a competitive list.. though dropping a raider with terms and the chaos troops and adding in 2 thousand sons.. will probably be what i will take to the next CAG tourney...
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 11:54 pm

Quote :
I would line them up and roll forward tank shocking annd ramming as I go

I rammed a vindicator into a rhino at 'ard boyz. It was balla. I can't remember if I damaged it or not.

This list would go down to hordes. Try putting 5 termies in each raider and dropping some other stuff. 5 termies will fair better against 30 orks. Statistically you will lose 3 and then kill 2. If you can give them lightning claws or power weapon+ccw they would kill 6 and lose 2-3 termies for a winning combat. I would lol.

Has anyone ever tank shocked a unit off the board or out of existence somehow?
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:15 am

hehe like i said it was just to see how many land raiders i could have.. but ok ill work up a list with 3 units of 5 termies in land raiders..

435 term lightning clawsX5 LR
170 chaosX10 hbolter melta
170 chaosX10 hbolter melta
105 Lord power
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 7:32 am

I've seen it several times, but alas never was in the situation myself. It worked well with Eldar skimmers.

I also saw it happen this past weekend at the 'ard boyz tourney with Guard. It's not that uncommon.

Oh yeah, I forgot, deep striking monoliths too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl   Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheesy Chaos Land raiders of doom.. rofl
Page 1 of 1