CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What have been working on lately?

Go down 
+10
Makari
LupusGhost
Hacksaw
Danny
Mendin
Marc
JMarv
wittdooley
Bojesphob
Sigma Golem
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

What have been working on lately? Empty
PostSubject: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:40 am

This thread is to just post what you've done Hobby related. Painted, assembled, bought, stared at, converted....etc.

Can I get a sticky?

Last edited by John Gemrich on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:42 am

I put together my second 1990's Dwarf bolt thrower. One slot can fill 2 machines. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:42 am

Last night I assembled a Space Marine Speeder. I'm assembling a Razorback at work today.

Looking at free Razorbacks w/ Assault Marines w/ no jumppack.

I also had to tear apart my SM codex and rebind it since the pages were falling out. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:43 am

Quote :
I also had to tear apart my SM codex and rebind it since the pages were falling out.

Can you give me direction with this. As my Confrontation book fell apart like dry ash in the wind!

I was thinking a thin line of glue straight down the middle rabbit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:04 am

You can take to Kinkos. I have a machine at work that produces bound presentations for our projects. So I used that.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:23 am

Uh, working on the Orks from the Black Reach box.... Have them about 80% complete. Most of them have all of the colors on except their clothing, though 3 are unprimed. Still adding details to the Big Mek, Painboy, and Mega Armor, and still have the three dethkopters to prime.

I will probably start working on my droppod that I bought a few weeks back for the Crimson Fists that I decided to paint my black reach guys as, and I even filed off the U's from the Telion I got, so he's going to be my scout sergeant for my crimson fists as well.

Of course, this is what I was working on last night, and not today, but if I have time tonight, I'll probably be working on them more...
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:40 am

Trying to get donations online and from GW themselves for the Warhammer Club I'm starting at school. No luck thusfar. C'est la vie.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:44 am

I've been too busy to do much of anything. I need to stop going out of town for the weekend. I'm about to hit number three in a four of five stretch. I hate traveling....

That being said, I finished base-coating my thane from Battle for Skull Pass. He's all ready for some washes and then some highlights. I like him, he looks like a tiny little pimp with his big furry coat. Eventually I'll find my camera and post a few pics but I'm leaving at 3 today so probably not until Monday.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 12:38 pm

Painting those pesky Eldar of course!

Laughing Laughing

Seriously.. I should be fired. Its been what.. 3 months No

I miss evening classes. This daytime education leaves no time for a hobby. Thank the maker for the mighty airbrush though!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 6:24 pm

I just got the pricelist for my first batch of models I'm legitimately buying to play (The Black Reach Orkz were primarily for proxying purposes).

...I'm going to have to start buying paints soon, oh god.
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 8:45 pm

just finished my contest entry for the objective contest that john is holding....which all of you should enter as it's free, supports the local game comunnity, it's fun, and there is a chance to win a $50 gift certificate.
Back to top Go down
Hacksaw
Neophyte
Hacksaw

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:40 pm

I've not had a whole lot of time to do things, but I've got a rhino about 95% done, assembled most of the black reach set and assembled manufactorum and painted it to about 75% complete. I'll get pictures as soon as I get a new camera.
Back to top Go down
LupusGhost
Neophyte
LupusGhost

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:45 pm

been building my buddies orks...and trying to paint my wolves and eldar just to keep up with him...he spends all his free time painting...i just have to keep getting him more models...next up for him...2 black reach boxes worth of orks...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 5:32 am

assembled a Rhino, worked on the face of a librarian, and finished 2 of 5 termies w/ Storm Shields and thunderhammers.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 7:42 am

Assembled 9 fanatics,
Assembling Chaos warriors spearhead (so totally awesome by the way!)
finished assembling 3rd Land raider crusader (the plastic is so much easier to put together!!!)
Assembled 3rd Drop pod... (Fun!)
assembled 40 Skeletons and 20 Zombies.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 9:11 am

Assembling Scout bikers and Drop pod #2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 8:34 am

Since my last post.

Assembled 5 scout bikes, Base coated and finished their resin bases.
Finished 6 frigates for Uncharted Seas
Bought way to much MonsterApoc
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 10:12 am

Assembled one box of Bloodletters of Khorne and one pack of Flamers of Tzeentch. One more box of Bloodletters to go.
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 10:22 am

I got some resin bases from www.wolvesbane.com
and from DarkAge to rebase some of my Star Wars Heros
pics soon
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 10:33 am

the pics are a bit blurry (Camera still cold from the car... Embarassed )
What have been working on lately? 100_0527
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 10:41 am

I was going to pick up those exact bases untill now of course. I dont like them. No punn intended. I did however pick up some of those really cool resin crystal bases from Epicast. I shall install my Red Blok heros on them for the Frostbite Campaign thats coming up.

Here is a linky
http://epicast.netfirms.com/epicast/nfoscomm/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=59&osCsid=1d77002d6f59e55bd82685d86f48376b

Is there anything extra or out of the norn that should be done, when painting up resin piece.
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 2:07 pm

Sigma Golem wrote:
I was going to pick up those exact bases untill now of course. I dont like them. No punn intended.

Is there anything extra or out of the norn that should be done, when painting up resin piece.
Really? Which ones?

I especially Like the Epoxy resin ones because they are so resiliant and easy to use
they take to pinning/gluing VERY well

I'm especially fond of the Dark Age ones (Unpainted in the Pic) because the maker was kind enough to include directions on "How To"

their suggestion- and Wolvesbane's too-
wash with a simple brush with dish soap (Clears off any chemicles from the Molding process)
Trim (If necessary)
and paint
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 7:42 pm

Well, I like the thick line going through it, but I thought they had a bigger and deeper grid about them. I still play in the factory's and Mazesas of Damocles and I wanted somthing that resembled more of a factory scene is all.

With some real good paint skills and Im sure you could make this happen, the grid on your bases could really come to life. Perhaps a real good shading with several layers of highs, if thats possible. Neutral

Later
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 7:50 pm

the pieces on the top (picured) are "Deck Plating"
I have only put the first coating of Yellow hazard on the metalized base
I still need to add the Black part and some weathering/oil drip, et al...

the catwalk piece (the singel chrome piece) I'm havieng trouble with because the recesses ARE so deep!

Dark Age does have some VERY nice sculpted "Junk yard" like bases
Wolvesbane just gave me really good deal on purchasing 2 sets of bases
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Im paying around 5 bucks for 5 25mm bases. Dosent seem to awfull bad.

Well, sounds as if your well on your way to making a great looking base. Maybe it's my lack of imagination for not liking the style. Your paints will soon tell, for myself anyways.

I do like the notation you are providing with each step you use. Wink

Edit: Im wondering If I can sand the whole outside edge down a wee bit, as the base is a touch larger then the AT-43 infantry's bases.

Will it splinter? It also seems like it will be easy to do, and Is there a sealer to add to the sanded edge?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have been working on lately?   What have been working on lately? Empty

Back to top Go down

What have been working on lately?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: