CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vampire Counts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 7:28 pm

ok so I am looking for a couple of things for my vampire counts

the 1st thing would be ear for my vampires themselves the old direwolf ears dont work

2nd thing is/was there a wolf model around the size of the varghulf(werewolf or gaint dire wolf or somthing like that) that gamesworshop makes/made

good models that would look good if painted write as such things as zombies, skeletons, grave gaurd, black knights and blood knights
Back to top Go down

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 3:17 am

[quote="FrostWolf"]ok so I am looking for a couple of things for my vampire counts

Quote :
the 1st thing would be ear for my vampires themselves the old direwolf ears dont work

I think you are going to have to sculpt the ears you are looking for from GS. Do you have some art of what you are trying to accomplish with a model?

Quote :
2nd thing is/was there a wolf model around the size of the varghulf(werewolf or gaint dire wolf or somthing like that) that gamesworshop makes/made
I don't ever recall there being a Werewolf or large wolf with the exception of the old doomwolf with looks like dookie.

I've gone to www.solegends.com and searched some of the older GW stuff. Even looking at Heroquest and Marauder but no dice.

Quote :
good models that would look good if painted write as such things as zombies, skeletons, grave gaurd, black knights and blood knights

What do you mean by good models?
Do you mean models that already look like VC without having to convert?
Do you mean models that are easy to convert?
Do you mean models that can easily be accessorize w/ VC bits?
Do you mean models that are really cool and if you spend the correct amount of time they will make a good looking VC army?

What do you mean by painted "write"? Are you looking to say painted right? But what is painted right depends on the painter, time...etc. I man painted right for a GT is 3 colors on a base

I think you mean "well painted in the style of GW VC army?"

Regardless.... here we go.

Skeletons - Only skeleton models look good as skeletons. However, you can rob empire bitz or other army bitz to kit them out. I know there is a sprue w/ an Orc skull on it but then there are only human sized skeletons available. So you could put it ontop. However, I'd just give them different hats, weapon swaps, shields...etc if you want to do something different.

Grave Guard - same opinion as above. I mean a GG is essentially an armored skeleton. I think you need to stick with these models but doesn't mean you couldn't find other bitz to swap.

Black Knights - same as above.

Zombies - really a best bet for something more unique. Any model will do. Dwarves, Goblins etc. You need to cut areas of the model with exposed flesh then use GS to model. You can do it with bones sticking through, holes in the skin. Essentially put a lot of wear on the model. Nick the weapons and shields and armor.

Then paint the clothes in muted colors of the corresponding GW army with lots of brown/black wash to dirty them up. Paint the skin in a light pale green flesh color. Use some Red for blood etc.

Banshees and Spirit hosts - Any models realy work here. Just covert paint them in a white with pale green shading. Female models for the banshees. You do need to distress the model a bit first but overall pretty easy.

Blood Knights - My first thought is with Bretonnian models or Empire mounted troops. But you could easily convert any mounted model to "count as" blood knight. Goblins on Dire wolves. I'd just look for bits that would make the model look more like VC like the coffin shields or the current BK shields, weapons, or head swap for other stuff.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 3:55 pm

Ok yea painted right as in my paint scheme(no I cant get a picutre of them I cant even manage that), Thanks for looking for the wolf I didnt think there was one but I figured Id ask, I do not have a picture of exactly what it woud look like just more of a image in my mind, just the general idea when a person have a set of animal ears and a tail.

I kinda liked the Idea of useing somthing like black orcs for grave gaurd, since they dont neccaryly have to be skeltal(sure they normaly are but the bigger point was powerful warriors buried with their magical stuff in a magical protected area, which is what some orcs do for there greatest warriors

I dont mind doing conversions but I have no sculpting ability myself and I dont have the equipment to do any sculpting

my idea for spirit hosts was a number or limbs some how suspended either connected or in the air

the gerneral theme for my army is that anything and everything that was living can be a undead model and anything that is/was living can be a vampire

thanks for the ideas they are a big help, Ill defently use the ones about the skeletons and zombies and keep the rest in mind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vampire Counts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts   Vampire Counts Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire Counts
Page 1 of 1