CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alternate Ork List (1750)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Alternate Ork List (1750) Empty
PostSubject: Alternate Ork List (1750)   Alternate Ork List (1750) EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:24 am

Trying some new things with this one.... Let me know what you all think...

Warboss on Warbike with shoota, Cybork body, Power Klaw, bosspole ( and I love the comment in the Codex... "A Warboss cannot take Mega Armour and a Warbike, as he would probably fall off a lot". Also, this is cheaper than Wazdakka, and he actually has an Invuln save)

Nobz on Warbikes x6
x2 Power Klawz
Painboy
Cybork bodies

Warbiker Mob x3
Nob
Big Choppa
Bosspole

Big Mek
Kustom Force Field

Deff Dread
2 CCW, 1 Rokkit Launcha, 1 Big Shoota

Nobz x7
Pain Boy
Grot Assistant
3 Power Klaws
3 Twin Linked shootas
Cybork Bodies
'eavy Armor
1 Waaagh! Banner
1 Bosspole
Battlewagon as transport
('ard Case, Deff Rolla, Grabbin' Klaw, Red Paint Job, 3 big shootas, Kannon)

Boyz x10
Nob
Bosspole
shootas (nob still has Big Choppa and slugga)
Trukk transport (Red Paint Job)

'ard Boyz x29
'ard Boyz Nob w/ Big Choppa
Bosspole
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Ork List (1750)   Alternate Ork List (1750) EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 11:22 am

The nob Bikers are good.

The warbikers are too small. Lose one boy and you have to start testing. With just 3 they can be gunned down too easy.

Big mek. I like him. I'd give him a Buna and put him on bike for kicks, I wouldn't advise you do that though, it's risky.

Deff dread. Take some kands or leave him. one dread is just asking to be ganked. take a unit of cheap kans maybe?

Battle wagonLose the Ard case. The nobs can't charge, or even really shoot effectivly from it. And you know what will happen if you drop them off infron't of a gunline and they can't charge. Also I'd drop the grabba Klaw. Nobody sane will let a Huge battle wagon get close enough to use it.
You can't move and shoot those big shootas either. If you want to keep the Battlewagon as is, Slap a killkannon on it and don't put anybody in it.

Boyz in trukk. Like the dread, a lone trukk mob is soon a dead one. they move really fast and go down to bolter fire. Then you have 11 Ork,s all alone. Take more than one trukk mob. Or take some buggys to cover it.

Ard boys. Giving orks armor Looks cool, Butit's usually better to use the points for another mob of orks. Orks are cheap, cheaper than IG.. gaunt cheap. Most people don't bother trying to give thier gaunts or IG saves, they just take more, same with orks. this unit is 315 points.the same unit of normal boyz is 196. You save 120 ponts.

With that 120 points you can get. Another battlewagon, 3 killa kanz or another dread, 5 more warbikes(125pts), a unit of 20 orks , 30 grots, trukk mob with big choppa nob(121pts).....the list goes on.

All this is just IMHO, and just some things I think will help, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Ork List (1750)   Alternate Ork List (1750) EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 12:17 pm

bojesphob1 wrote:

Boyz x10
Nob
Bosspole

'ard Boyz x29
'ard Boyz Nob w/ Big Choppa
Bosspole

Every time a Boyz Squad has a Nob without a power klaw, Gork kills a pet squig. Please, think of the squigs :p
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Ork List (1750)   Alternate Ork List (1750) EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:03 pm

took your advice into consideration here, and made a new list. As to the Deff Dread, I don't mind having it the center of attention, as I run it along with my boyz unit, and if my opponent is shooting at it, then my boyz will come through relatively unscathed. oh, and I still like the 3 big shootas on the Battlewagon. I know that if I move it, they won't be able to shoot, but if I sit it still, I can have 9 shots from them on top of the Killkannon.

Anyhow, here is the next iteration of the list:

Warboss on Warbike with shoota, Cybork body, Power Klaw, bosspole ( and I love the comment in the Codex... "A Warboss cannot take Mega Armour and a Warbike, as he would probably fall off a lot". Also, this is cheaper than Wazdakka, and he actually has an Invuln save)

Nobz on Warbikes x6
x2 Power Klawz
Painboy
Cybork bodies

Big Mek
Kustom Force Field

Deff Dread
2 CCW, 1 Rokkit Launcha, 1 Big Shoota

Nobz x7
Pain Boy
Grot Assistant
3 Power Klaws
3 Twin Linked shootas
Cybork Bodies
'eavy Armor
1 Waaagh! Banner
1 Bosspole
Battlewagon as transport
(Deff Rolla, Red Paint Job, 3 big shootas, Killkannon)

Boyz x10
Nob
Bosspole
Power Klaw

Boyz x10
Nob
Bosspole
Power Klaw

Boyz x24
Nob
Power Klaw
Bosspole
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Ork List (1750)   Alternate Ork List (1750) EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:25 pm

Can I get a game versus this on Vassal?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Ork List (1750)   Alternate Ork List (1750) EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm really liking the newer list, if your gonna make the wagon a pill box drop the deff rolla. Remember it's only 12 sides and 10 back. It looks dead hard to me as is though.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Ork List (1750)   Alternate Ork List (1750) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 8:51 am

Marc, I'll have to see about getting Vassal on my comp at home. I'll let you know when I'm able to work on it and maybe we can try it out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Ork List (1750)   Alternate Ork List (1750) Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternate Ork List (1750)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: