CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)

Go down 
+6
Mike Leon
Marc
wittdooley
Makari
Sexiest_hero
Bojesphob
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 9:50 am

eesh........I'm watching....LOL
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:10 am

So I will bring 10095 ish in points... That cool?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:11 am

Wow, Sean, that's awesome! I mean, I'm sure we can use it. I just got another super heavy (made a custom Banehammer, datasheet forthcoming Smile ), and I don't have to worry about evening the sides, as I was worried we wouldn't have enough for the Ork/Chaos side.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:14 am

Done worry about the chaos side. I can scratch build enough spawn to flood the table, and then start adding more traitor guard, and a super heavy for them.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:12 am

Awesome Smile

Anyhow, figured I'd post my new superheavy datasheet! Basically, I just bought the box for the Stormlord/etc, and built a transport Banehammer for my Forgeworld Inquisitor Lord Smile I tried adding the points up right, though I'm not sure if calculated quite right.... Oh well, I think it will be a pretty cool addition to my army!

Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 HubrisImperialis
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Ok so logistically speaking are we going to have enough playing area? what time do we/can we show up at the store? anyone coming in early from the store and let us sneak in the back? (we can bring breakfast) Possibly even set the table up on Friday night?

I also have a ton of Cities of death that can be used too!

Oh and the 10000 points I posted was not all my ork stuff just the stuff I may want to use for the battle.

I can almost match 10000 in Marines too but not as impressive... if you need more Marines.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Not sure about setting up on Friday, that would be an Eric/Ed question. I know I won't be able to help out much Friday, as I have some friends coming into town this weekend, and they'll be showing up Friday night. But, I do know that Eric said that we could be there at the start of the day to begin/set up. Maybe I'll PM him and see if maybe we can get there early? I think we'll have enough space, though I'm sure I can come up with a few ideas for making the area we play on a little more usable Smile

I have two pieces of Cities of Death that I was thinking about using (I painted one of them up specifically for this, actually), but we definitely need at least one more building piece for one of the secondary objectives, and then any extra ones that we may need.

Not sure exactly what's needed, pointwise. You would need to get with sexiest and Danny, if he can make it, to see what is needed. I know Witt, Mike, and I were going to have about 18k, then I think Nate was thinking about playing (though, we'll need to know from him if he can or not). Though, thinking about it, we can definitely use some strategic assets to balance the points out if need be....

Oh, and who all has the Apocalypse templates? Do I need to get some? (templates that is....)
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:02 pm

I can't believe I'm writing this... But I don't think I'm going to be able to play anymore.

We've been trying to get moved into our new condo for the past 3 weeks. We were supposed to move in March 3rd weekend. Problems with the loan. We were supposed to move in the following weekend. Problems with the complex.

Now it looks like we're moving in tomorrow and this weekend....

I really can't apologize enough. If you'd like to use my stuff, I can bring it down, but I'm not going to be allowed to commit the weekend to it like I really, really, really wanted to. And even though she f'n knew about this for 3 weeks. Really. Really, really.

I wish I wore the pants in my relationship....
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 4:16 am

If you wish in one hand and shit in the other...

Nate is out. He's being wussy.

I will be bringing 6586pts of Blood Angels and Grey Knights to the party.

I'm running the Army of Death datasheet, where the whole army is a giant Death Company.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 4:37 am

I read the army of death Data sheet, and man is it something! I can deal with the Feel no pain, shoot a las-cannon on the move, rending, fearless, furious assalt army of doom, I'm fine with the dread that can ger a 22 on armor penetration, I'm cool with the Way they did rage, but 2 things seem a little OP.

1.Librarians: Librarians that fall to the Black Rage
are lost in the fury of Sanguinius. They are unable
to use psychic powers but instead channel their
psychic rage into their force weapons. All librarian
close combat attacks cause instant death.

With this ability a Librarian can drop any of the Forged world named Daemons, Bio-titans, or Squiggith in one round of combat, because he'd do d3 wounds on every hit. Also of note, He can also one shot every special chaos charactor, Zans Abbadon, in one round of combat..all at once.

As I'm not playing Nids, orks, or Forge world daemons I'm even fine wth this. But Tycho's ability is a little to much for me to handle

2.“I die, but you die with me, traitor”: If Tycho is removed as a casualty in close combat, he lashes out at his enemies with this last, hateful breath. The Army of Death player may remove any single enemy model in base contact with Tycho as a casualty. This ability has no effect on vehicles, or monstrous creatures. There is no way to ignore or save against this ability and neither model may return to the game under any condition.

If he touches Your commander you might as well pick him up, Either he kills you, or you kill him and you die anyways. When asked about this ablity the creator said, "well you'll be sorry if let him get close to Abbadon." Now as funny as it would be to watch Abbadon, the chosen of chaos, and Ghaz the Mightiest Ork warboss running from combat. It's not very fitting in a Apoc battle where a cinimatic fight between leaders should be a highlight. This rule simply makes it "I win or you lose."

Last edited by Sexiest_hero on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 9:17 am

It's looking like ~13100 for the Imperial side, and Sean said he has about 10,000, so, let us know what you have already built, sexiest and we'll go from there.

Hey, Witt, if we made it one day this week, and one day, say, next week, would you be able to do that? We don't necessarily have to do both days this weekend if you can't do both. Let me know, since we definitely don't want you to miss out if we can split it up and still include you.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:02 am

I can get up to 10k if you guys don't mind my scratch build spawn units and Traitor guard. I can max out around 13/15k. I'll see if I can trim some points down
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:11 am

How about we set the game to 15000 per side and I have templates.
Sexiest you mind bringing 5g?
This way we won't have to worry as much about space.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:11 am

Well, sexiest, I can come up with some Ultramarines, and have a buddy who it going to come along to watch the game play (though, only bad thing is he's never played before). I sent some PM's around asking about if splitting out the weekend would help people's schedules, so if I can muster up some luck, we might not have any issue with points, and you can bring your 10k!

ETA: Or, we can do 15k Smile
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 am

I trimmed my list down to 5k. What counts as scoring for Objectives btw.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 11:23 am

I'll have the objectives/scenario printed out for tomorrow, with a couple copies so I can give one to everybody.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:50 pm

I'll have my Marines with me as well! I have practically everything for the marines for normal 40K so if that can help it will be available.

Thanks for trimming sexiest I hope you have good fire support cause I'm supplying all the scoring units... lol

As far as splitting the weekend up how about we play the 15000 points tomorrow, then see how it goes to see if we wanna do the next day or not.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 1:04 pm

That would work for me, Makari. We can definitely split it out easily enough, and that would even allow me to hang out with some out of town friends who are going to be here this weekend on Sunday, if we split it to two weekends.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:59 pm

Ok so who all is involved and who are the sides?
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:03 pm

Right now it's Mike Leon and I on the Imperial side, sexiest and you, Sean on the non Imperial side. Witt is going to be getting back with me, hopefully today, if he can make it for tomorrow, even though he can't do both days. If he can make it, then we have another player with about 6k points (which means that sexiest can then use more of his stuff).
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:22 pm

bojesphob1 wrote:
Not sure about setting up on Friday, that would be an Eric/Ed question. I know I won't be able to help out much Friday, as I have some friends coming into town this weekend, and they'll be showing up Friday night. But, I do know that Eric said that we could be there at the start of the day to begin/set up. Maybe I'll PM him and see if maybe we can get there early? I think we'll have..................

WISH I had seen this thread earlier in the day......

Its me - Ed here responding during my shift at the store.

Call me , HERE at 245-9105.
(heQ - I'll give you my cell number even)

YES you can set up all of it or some of it tonight if you want to.

I close tonight and I open in the store in the morning. If you want me to open the doors for you earlier than usual please give me a call. As usual, coffee on Saturday morning is appreciated. (I'll give money to whoever brings me coffee)

I just want to see this magilla played out.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:17 am

sorry ed i just saw your message. I won t be able 2 get there till about 10 to 1030. Hope someone got back 2 you if they were going 2 b there earlier.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 9:11 am

Ok Im still waiting for the Dish guy to finish setting up and i will be on my way for sure no later than 11 arrival time...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 9:27 am

makari wrote:
Ok Im still waiting for the Dish guy to finish setting up and i will be on my way for sure no later than 11 arrival time...

Wow. You got Dish just to watch the Spartans in HD on Sunday. Good Move.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 9:48 am

Yeah, go Spartans!

I'm trying to lure my parents down from East Lansing to go to the game on Sunday and stay here at my house. Maybe I can get them to buy me tickets too Wink.

Good luck today guys, I hope the Apoc game goes well and not too slowly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)   Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse game questions (Another one added 3/5)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next