CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New TREK Movie gathering Idea....

Go down 
+4
wittdooley
Makari
Sexiest_hero
Qoltar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... Empty
PostSubject: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Qoltar’s Big TREK Movie Gathering Idea invite

What: A large Group of STAR TREK and Science Fiction fans watching the new STAR TREK movie at the same time at the cinema or theater.

When: SATURDAY, MAY 9, 2009 – a mid-afternoon showing that is over by early dinner time. We might have dinner afterwards at a nearby restaurant.

Where: One of these three theaters: RAVE Motion Pictures (off of I-75/across from the new IKEA, Cincinnati Mall SHOWCASE (what was Mills/Forest Fair), OR SPRINGDALE SHOWCASE just off of I-275.

Who: Everyone is invited that I, Ed Charlton (Khar’Ton or Qoltar to some) knows as friends, acquaintances, or folks I have met at events while dressed in Klingon garb.

How: We all communicate and coordinate with each other e-mail and phone calls between now and Thursday May 7th, 2009. Let ne know which theater the majority of you prefer. Sometimes a Theater manager might give discount for a large group.

Contact Info: My contact info is:

E-mail is Qoltar@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:20 am

Will they be dressed in costume?
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:23 am

Sexiest_hero wrote:
Will they be dressed in costume?

Only if they feel like it.

iT not required or anything.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to get dressed up in Klingon garb or just go in a jacket & tie outfit.

Its kind of both a new version/reboot of the whole thing plus it goes back to right before Kirk commanded the ENTERPRISE.

Keith, you're invited - just let me know by that Thursday.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:14 pm

SPRINGDALE IMAX!!!!! I'm Sold!!! a bit of a drive but worth it and I like going in Groups!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 8:18 pm

makari wrote:
SPRINGDALE IMAX!!!!! I'm Sold!!! a bit of a drive but worth it and I like going in Groups!!!

Okay ...thats a vote for both SPRINGDALE and showing up in general.

Folks leave messages on my answering machine: (513) 923-3029 or e-mail me at : qoltar@hotmail.com

The more confirmed names I have the better.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:34 pm

i like groups of dressed up people for a movie, or dressed up people in general as long as it was appropriate, ie NO STAR TREK AT THE RENFEST!!!
Or an et costume at a starwars movie... Even though ET aliens are in Episode 2 I think or maybe 3
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 pm

but star trek works at the ren-fest as long as you pretend you've discovered a planet not nearly as evolved as you and you're merely investigating the primitive culture...

or at least big bang theory says so...
Back to top Go down
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:38 pm

I'm i as long as I am as correct as I think I am and are baby free that weekend. I will have to work til 5:30 tho
Back to top Go down
onlyinkenya
Neophyte
onlyinkenya

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 11:00 pm

would like to go. i love group outings!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessiryan2008
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:58 am

I would like to go Saturday Evening around 830 ish... at the springdale cinemas.
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:09 pm

makari wrote:
I would like to go Saturday Evening around 830 ish... at the springdale cinemas.

Go Ahead.
I might still be there.
A friend and I might be going back there 'latye'.

I was aiming for a time before 5 or 6 pm - so that more people could afford it.
As it is - think I have at least 6 to 8 people definitely going, and around 10 maybes.

My phone numbers are: 923-3029
OR : 373-2488 (cell)

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyThu May 07, 2009 1:43 pm

I'm going with a group Friday evening to the 7:50 show at the IMAX theater at Newport.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Have ya been to Newport on a friday evening? And the IMAX cost coupled with the parking cost oi ve, not to mention the teeny boppers... Unless there is somewhere with in reasonable walking distance that is free parking... on a friday.
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptySat May 09, 2009 12:22 am

All I have to say is 5 outta 5... Shocked
Back to top Go down
brettfncoleman
Neophyte
brettfncoleman

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:42 am

indeed damned good movie, new to star trek tho but if the series and other movies are anything similar its def something id be interested in.
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:17 am

See you all at:

3:15pm at SHOWCASE SPRINGDALE
for the 3:30pm showing

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New TREK Movie gathering Idea....   New TREK Movie gathering Idea.... Empty

Back to top Go down

New TREK Movie gathering Idea....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: The open house-
Jump to: