CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Guard list observations now w/ updated sample list (5/6)

Go down 
+5
FrostWolf
Sexiest_hero
altahara
Affliction
Bojesphob
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
guynamedFleck
Neophyte
guynamedFleck

New Guard list observations now w/ updated sample list (5/6) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guard list observations now w/ updated sample list (5/6)   New Guard list observations now w/ updated sample list (5/6) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Quote :
Can any of you rule guys give me a definite yea or nae on the question of if the Psyker can join a retinue or not? I definitely don't want to do this illegally, so I want to make sure that I do this right....

As per p48 BRB, "Independent characters are allowed to join other Units. They cannot, however join vehicle squadrons and units that always consist of a single model. They can join other independent character though, to form a powerful multi-character unit!"

So you can throw the Primaris Psyker in there under any circumstance, the problem arises in the henchmen special rules....

"If a unit of Deamon, a Greater Daemon or a Deep Striking unit enters play within 4D6" of an Inquisitor with a mystic Henchman, both he and the rest of the retinue may immediately take a 'free' shot at them". p15 Deamon Hunter Codex

The Primaris Psyker is an attached IC, not part of the Retinue. So either the Inquisitor and the retinue take the shot, or you use the two Mystic rule and nominate the Psyker to take the shot instead.
But honestly, that's a small price to pay to give the Inquisitor Nightshroud and an extra assault 2D6 Lightning Arc.

I wouldn't recommend attaching him to a lascannon team, they have a different range of effectiveness. What's going to be deep striking in that can be taken out with three shots from a Lascannon, plus a variable Psychic attack? Better off protecting the Inquisitor.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

New Guard list observations now w/ updated sample list (5/6) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guard list observations now w/ updated sample list (5/6)   New Guard list observations now w/ updated sample list (5/6) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks Fleck! I don't have a rulebook here at work, and would have to find the one at home (which I keep seeming to forget to do when I'm home), so thanks for looking into that Smile

So, yeah, since he can join up, it would definitely give the Inquisitor the Nightshoud and that would be cool Smile Then, nominate the Psyker to do the Lightning Arc! Yea!

So, now what to decide what to do with the Vendetta/Veterans squad.... hmmmm.....
Back to top Go down

New Guard list observations now w/ updated sample list (5/6)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: