CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm

Go down 
+5
kainthedragoonx
FrostWolf
Makari
Crobar
Marc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm Empty
PostSubject: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:03 pm

The past few weeks I've been moving forward on my dabbles in nmm gold and have decided to focus on a WFB army to showcase such rubbish. What better way than either the trinkets and treasures of Lustria or Khorne's Chosen Very Happy ?

Next step is focus on the models. Both are somewhat new releases so both have new fancy models to ooogle over. A nice mix of plastics and metal. What about play style? Well, Daemons of Khorne would pretty much line up and go, but a game of manuevers could be had with itty blocks of Bloodletters and Flesh Hounds running amuck. Lizzies on the other hand could go and magic the opponent from a distance and have skirmishers and flying dinos run interference. Either sounds fun to me as I see both lists being playable as soft or uber. I believe both armies would look great on the field.

So then, whatch players think?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Lizzies are more versitile if you plan to win a game. The Daemons are a force to be reckoned with but there aren't many ways you can play them and win in fantasy. Both have some really awesome looking mini's though.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:53 pm

Warriors are just really fun!

Demons are nice and if you know what your doing they are amazingly cool!

Lizzies the flavor of the month I like them but I think you'll enjoy chaos better either one!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:35 am

personly I like the lizards better, to me their models look better, and they are more unquie you have 3 choas armies and a number of their tatics look the same for all the choas armies, were the Lizards are at least unquie and they are from what I have seen the better army due to the amount of options you get from them that are useful.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:24 am

if you don't want to have something in common with a lunatic (me) play lizzies. If you don't care, pick whichever models you like bestest!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm pretty fond of the warriors of chaos, they have a tragic air about them (Chosen, chaos lord) that I really like, And instead of moan about it like a Twilight vampire, they kick butt and take names. The warriors of chaos, and Libre chaotica books are such great reads also.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:04 pm

makari wrote:
Lizzies the flavor of the month I like them but I think you'll enjoy chaos better either one!
That was my take as well. Could just be that new army buzz similar to the one I felt for High Elves. Just could not go down that route..

Crobar wrote:
Lizzies are more versitile if you plan to win a game.
Winning is indeed a goal, but I dont want that to be the only goal ..honest
I'm also scared of large models pale and I would want at least a pair of those luverly Stegs. Maybe Gemrich can talk me down off the ledge..

Sexiest_hero wrote:
I'm pretty fond of the warriors of chaos..
There be a thought... Warriors of Chaos. Maybe a few "counts as" models for some of the more fugly current line (ie: Bloodletters for Marauders, etc) Still, I want to focus more on the gold than the iron so all those plates of armour would be more dominant off the field.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:46 pm

Marc----

I was scared to death to paint the stegadon, so I started with a salamander. It turned out really nice looking, and now I'm more comfortable and I just started painting my steg. I think he looks good so far. I should post some pictures....

Anyways, don't be afraid of it. You've got a ton of skill so you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 10:23 am

After reading the army books I think I would be quite bored with an all Khorne force. Pretty much move, die to shooting/magic, charge, kill, rinse & repeat.

Lizardmen are a bit more into every phase of the game and while I appreciate the motivational speech Witt, that Engine of the Gods piece is HUGE
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Lizardmen it is..

I'll bring in the goods and get crackin. Thanks guys..
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:13 pm

Sweet....another Lizzie player.....Lusteria is starting to flourish in the spawning pools again.........

I'm quite excited about these guys. I'm focusing more with Chemeleons and stinks then anything else. Havn't picked a Hero yet. Going to see what pop out at me and right now the Slaan Priest is really pulling at the strings.

And Marc.....Enginge of Gods. A must......I bought some Earth Magnents for this model.....
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:14 am

CJ wrote:
And Marc.....Enginge of Gods. A must......I bought some Earth Magnents for this model.....
Which is why I'm gonna try to avoid for now.. we shall see

Some solid blocks of Saurus should be a good start. Maybe 2 blocks of 15 with Spears and go from there.

Early next week I'm gonna try and get a scheme up. Anything but blue Laughing
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:39 am

ACH!@!! And Red......I'm going for a green godzilla feel. LOL
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 4:39 pm

CJ wrote:
......I bought some Earth Magnents for this model.....
On my two units of empire halberdiers that refuse to rank properly ended up using hook and liner (aka generic velcro). Glued strips of hook on the movement trays and then cut up patches of liner and dabbed five minute epoxy on the bottom inside stands.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 4:54 pm

oooooh...that's a good idea.....

I'm actually using the magnents on the feet of the skinks and drilling holes into the platform. This way they will be easy to transport as well as being able to switch up the platform weapons.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 11:12 am

CJ wrote:
This way they will be easy to transport as well as being able to switch up the platform weapons.
Nick did something like that with his dwarven warmachine, a magnet setup so that the unit could transform between the cannon and whatever the other weapon system it can be.

Geez you guys are just crazy. Give me duct tape and chewing gum.

Last edited by Angry Bob on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 5:55 pm

LOL...duct tape...best universal tool around.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm   Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm Empty

Back to top Go down

Khorne / Lizzies ...hmm
Page 1 of 1