CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old GW games...

Go down 
+5
Evil Bob
CaelynTek
Crobar
Fenix
Makari
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 6:40 pm

So was kinda chillin today and my son Kaiu (6 years old) was wondering what games we have that he hasn't seen or played yet, so we made the trek down into the dungeon to see what secrets we could dig up.

After we dusted off the boxes of Talisman, Bloodbowl, Epic, and Gothic... we proceeded to play dumbed down versions of the games. And wow even dumbed down I forgot how much I have like basically every game GW has put out, It also dawned on me that I am missing my Space Hulk box game... hmm what rat bastard did I forget to get that back from in Va.

Anyway anyone have Dark future or Spacehulk they are willing to trade? I know Spacehulk is rumored to be coming out soon ish but I am really jonesing to play!

So what is your favorite GW game... Outside of Warhammer Fantasy or 40K?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Fenix
Neophyte
Fenix

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:28 pm

I really like the models from Gothic. I even have a small fleet made up of 3 frigates and 2 cruisers. Somewhere I have printed out rules but there is nobody to play a game with that is close to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Xenix?ref=profile
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:15 am

talisman tops my list. The new one isn't bad either Smile.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:17 am

Space Hulk was my game... first edition anyway. I had two each of the Space Hulk box, Deathwing and Genestealer expansions.

But alas back in the day when I was turned off of gaming by the moldy outgrowth of Magic the Gathering (when i lost all my GW friends to it)... With all my gaming friends suddenly engrossed in cardboard cocaine, I couldn't find anyone to play GW games any more so I sold off all my Space Hulk stuff.

I played Dark Future once..... just once.

Talisman was the universal pickup game.

I do miss the good old days.
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Necromunda. Gangers, less than 20 models in a large gang to paint up. Were an autopistol and laspistol really are different weapons. Finding flak armor between games is considerd a prize!

Never played Space Hulk but am guessing I would have loved that game.
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:20 pm

Sucks losing Space Hulk. Complete sets in good condition are going for hundreds on eBay.
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:39 pm

AH SPACE HULK!

my first introduction to WH40K
and a sweet game
alas it was Permenantly(stolen) borrowed from me-

I've always wanted to get another for a SWM game but could never find one reasonably priced-

Doom was a close second but not really woth the money...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:46 pm

The Madman wrote:
AH SPACE HULK!

my first introduction to WH40K
and a sweet game
alas it was Permenantly(stolen) borrowed from me-

I've always wanted to get another for a SWM game but could never find one reasonably priced-

Doom was a close second but not really woth the money...

I have the entirety of the Space Hulk first edition rules, and both expansions, on PDF, as well as image files of all the available map pieces in a photoshop document, so I could print hulks on poster size.....

We could play it off that if you guys wanted to, and could contribute the miniatures... unfortunately I don't have any genestealers, and only one unit of termies.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:30 pm

I I just finished rendering a space hulk using the scans I have of the old first edition space hulk puzzle pieces. It's not a perfect fit on the puzzle ends though. It took a lot of tweaking to get them to match up as well as I did, but there are a few places where they just wouldn't match up.

I re-scaled it so that it fits with the new 40mm termie bases. It's set to print 100dpi at 8 foot by 3 foot and is 3.6 meg in file size:

http://warhammer40k.caelyntek.com/Hulk3.jpg

You could probably have it printed at Kinkos, though I have no idea what it would cost to print something so large.

Anyone want to try a game of first edition space hulk some day? (If you have the genestealers to do it)

I'll have to print up the blip markers of course, I have them scanned as well.
Back to top Go down
LupusGhost
Neophyte
LupusGhost

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 6:14 pm

I love battlefleet gothic, i have a huge eldar fleet (50+ ships) and have no one to play with, pm me if you are looking for a game!

Awesome game! reading the black library books got me really into it again, i've been reading the rules again like crazy.
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:48 pm

I'd love to try BFG and dark future. They seem (for me at least) cheap to get into as i could use hotwheels for dark future and scratchbuild an ork fleet. Let me know if you guys are going to get this going and i'll work on some minis.
Back to top Go down
Fenix
Neophyte
Fenix

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 10:26 am

I'd be willing to play some BFG but I don't have that much of a fleet as I said in my earlier post and I have several projects that I will be working on which include several Master Grade Gundam Model kits (I may post pics). If they have some stuff at GamesDay I might pick up some more Imperial ships.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Xenix?ref=profile
Sponsored content

Old GW games... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old GW games...   Old GW games... Empty

Back to top Go down

Old GW games...
Page 1 of 1