As far as Killing Blow goes last knight out of my three units of Grave Guard out of several rounds of close combat the only six as on a steam tank which can't be effected by it.
- Sexiest_hero wrote:
- All the kills have come from the
This isn't all that unnatural. I've had times when all
my armies had black knights that the horses were more deadly. Known
others who played Empire or Bretts that had far more angry mounts than
It's a statistical bump that will flatten out when compared to the long
run. Unless it becomes an observed result and in the absence of
keeping a record it may just become a more noted event.
- Sexiest_hero wrote:
- I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Is the
use of a wight king mandatory? My whole army can't be skeleton blocks .
The only way you could be doing it wrong is if the inbound charges start with a major disadvantage in combat resolution and you don't know the odds. That doesn't look to be the case.
The dice are fickle but that's statistics. It only tells us what the weighted events to expect not what will happen.
When buying Black Knights there's only two things one is getting, the two plus armor save and maybe a single charge one is relying on. I am not using cav so much these days but as with all important charges there are tricks for Vampire Counts.
- The aforementioned Vanhel's Danse Macabre. As long as it is cast after the unit is in contact you'll get those to hit re-rolls. Math wise in WFB often more dice is better instead of a higher sucess chance on fewer dice.
- Helm of Commandment. This item is sick, I put it on a vampire who is stacked towards the magic side in the rear echelon. Getting WS to six really helps the to hit roll.
- Banner of the Barrows. Was exceptional in the last book. A little different now but just as good. This item should always be dropped on a unit you expect to do allot of dirty fighting.
Mix two or all three and a single unit can hit on two plus, get a re-roll, and maybe a Killing Blow might actually happen. Haven't done this tripple threat myself but the latter two have worked out well enough. VDM isn't to blame. The Magic Phase is something that can go in any dirrection and it really sucks to rely on it because it goes sour so easily.