CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goofing Around Nid List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Goofing Around Nid List Empty
PostSubject: Goofing Around Nid List   Goofing Around Nid List EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:25 pm

So... I got a bunch of free genestealers from a buddy and was fooling around with a nid list in case I decide to build a small force to play with as an alternative to my Salamanders. Here goes:

HQ:
Hive Tyrant; Acid Maw, Winged, Scythed Talons (x2), Toxic Sacs, Flesh Hooks.

[157 pts]

Broodlord; Extended Carapace, Feeder Tendrils
w/ Genestealer (x8) retinue; Extended Carapace

[243 pts]

Elite:

Carnifex (x2); Scything Talons (x2) Adrenal Glands (+ws), Tail Mace, Flesh Hooks

[222 pts]

Troops:

(4) Genestealer Broods (x8); Feeder Tendrils, Scuttlers

[640 pts]

Heavy:
Carnifex (x2); Enhanced Senses (+BS), Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon

[296 pts]

Carnifex; Adrenal Glands (+WS), Adrenal Glands (+I), Extended Carapace, Reinforced Chitin, Mace Tail, Tusked, Crushing Claw, Scything Talons, Bio-Plasma

[191 pts]

Total Points = 1749

Now, I don't know if this is a decent of viable list. The idea, I suppose, is to use the Genestealers with scuttlers in reserve with the hopes to outflank and bring them in from the sides of the board. The main hammer would be the heavy "Dozer"Fex accompanied with the two elite CC fexes. The Broodlord and his retinue would run behind them and assault out from there. The two gun fexes would be used against armour, and the Flyrant...well, I don't know. Come to think of it, the Flyrant should probably be ranged. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Goofing Around Nid List   Goofing Around Nid List EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:30 pm

If you get 1st turn, don't outflank the 'stealers. Put them up as far as possible and take your scout move. You could be assaulting 1st turn. Infiltrate the broodlord as a forward position for the stealer shock. Run the flyrant behind a wall of fexes to give him cover. March them forward, then unleash the flyrant. If you try to fly him around he'll be heavy weapon fodder.

The only problem I see is that you need a small unit or two of gaunts of some sort to hold objectives. Having the 'stealers hold objectives is a waste.

If you can keep the fexes close to a unit with Feeders, they'll also gain the prefered enemy. I didn't think this was true, but at Adepticon I played a bug list in the team tourney that ran it that way. We actually had to call a judge to verify that it was true. The fex counts as a brood of 1. Very effecive with tricked out fexes.

Hope this helped and good luck.
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Goofing Around Nid List   Goofing Around Nid List EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 3:09 pm

Looks good.

Drop 8 stealers and take gaunts for objectives like Mac said. 24 and a brood lord is plenty anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Ricter
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Goofing Around Nid List   Goofing Around Nid List EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:31 am

This was (kind of still is) the bread and butter nid list, referred to as Nidzilla.

You typically don't need feeder tendrils on all four squads. The Nidzilla lists also typically ran a Dakkarant instead of a Brood Lord.

The list is a lot of fun to play, and does reasonably well against Orks, and any footslogging armies. But you lose, hard, to any mech list, which is why this list isn't as popular as it used to be. Basically, you have very little ranged AV to take down the dozen or so vehicles, meaning they're free to roam around without much hassle. Next, your 4 fexes and 1 tyrant are very vulnerable to the combined AV from the opposing forces, since the target priority rules don't exist anymore. Finally, since you only have 5 broods of smalls, they tend to get destroyed by the AH the opponent army brings, and your genestealers are very expensive per point (20 points or so, more than a tactical marine and not nearly as tough!) for how easy they burn.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Goofing Around Nid List   Goofing Around Nid List EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:35 am

I understand the genestealer theme but a dakkatyrant will net you more for it's cost imo.

Good list though.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goofing Around Nid List   Goofing Around Nid List Empty

Back to top Go down

Goofing Around Nid List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: