CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to warmachine question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
quickfuze
Neophyte

New to warmachine question Empty
PostSubject: New to warmachine question   New to warmachine question EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:47 am

Ok so Im still stuck in the crappy place, but when I return I was looking at getting into the PP line. I played warmachine the day it came out, and LOVED it. But due to PP consistantly missing the release dates of new models I threw up my hands, sold my starter box to a friend and moved on with my life. The game apparently survived these first volatile months and is doing well. My question is this, I am really leaning toward Legion of Everblight in the Hordes line...so do you allow hordes vs warmachine play as I believe the new rules are in place for it? I tend to see that Warmachine is played more in the area and want to make sure I will have opponents and game opportunities if I make the leap into the PP line again. Do tournaments allow for the cross GENRE play? or should I start looking at Menoth again?
Back to top Go down
Dayth
Neophyte
Dayth

PostSubject: Re: New to warmachine question   New to warmachine question EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:13 am

You can play either in a tourny to my knowledge. The last steamroller event had both hordes and warmachine. The two games go hand in hand. There is just a little bit of a difference with how the mechanics are run for each. But if you like Legion have at it man. I'm sure anyone will pick up a game and play.
Back to top Go down
vimes67
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: New to warmachine question   New to warmachine question EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Just wanted to reiterate: the two systems are 100% compatible. Casual and competitive games make virtually no distinction between the two, and WM-H, H-H, and WM-WM games are all common.

There are obviously differences in the rulesets - Fury works significantly differently than Focus, for instance. Be sure to consult/pick up the relevant rulebook - Prime mkii for Warmachine, Primal mkii for Hordes.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: New to warmachine question   New to warmachine question EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Hey bro, if your looking for Legion, get ahold of dan.....he has a starter box that he bought from me and is not using...all unassembled and still sealed!
Back to top Go down
quickfuze
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: New to warmachine question   New to warmachine question EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:02 am

Yeah might be a little hard to get it from him unless he wants to hop a plane to Afghanistan....I am looking at stuff for when I get home, got about 69 days left. But thanks for the heads up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to warmachine question   New to warmachine question Empty

Back to top Go down

New to warmachine question
Page 1 of 1