CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Infinity anyone???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Infinity anyone??? Empty
PostSubject: Infinity anyone???   Infinity anyone??? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:43 am

Anyone playing this?? I really love the look of the models. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
MasterRabbi
Neophyte
MasterRabbi

Infinity anyone??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity anyone???   Infinity anyone??? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:31 am

I loved the models too, and was excited for the game from the description.

I demo'ed it at Origins, and maybe it was just the person running it, but the game got really bogged down in who had what cover.

I'll definitely get some models someday to paint, and would keep trying to play, but am somewhat skeptically now... just not enough to never give it more than a first experience.
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte
GreenJello

Infinity anyone??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity anyone???   Infinity anyone??? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:33 am

CJ wrote:
Anyone playing this?? I really love the look of the models. Just curious.
Only person I've heard of having any models is John Gemrich. I believe Clint Cottone over at EGC had some people who were playing, or at least tried it out a year or so ago.

I agree with you, the models look really cool, and the rules sound interesting. As much as I like 40K after 2nd edition it effectively became fantasy in drag. My understanding is that with Infinity you have something much closer to a modern shooter, where guns are really deadly, and hitting people with swords is hard, since you have to work to get close enough to use them.

I also think it takes some investment in terrain. Could be something simple like paper printouts or something, but the rules mandate very closely packed stuff, in a hive city sort of setup. This might make it hard, since most store have generic terrain, which is seldom good for simulating a decent cityscape. The recent GW ruined city stuff, or the old Necromunda terrain (if you can find any) would probably work pretty well.

OTOH, I think it's small units, so the investment in models isn't that bad.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Infinity anyone??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity anyone???   Infinity anyone??? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:55 am

There are about four of us with armies at The Art of War. We don't play every weekend, but there is always at least one dude hanging out with an army.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
CJ
Captain
Captain

Infinity anyone??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity anyone???   Infinity anyone??? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:12 am

sounds like a Necrumunda type game. LOVED that game when it was popular in it's hey day
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

Infinity anyone??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity anyone???   Infinity anyone??? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 am

I have a lot of Yu Jing CJ. If you want to get in a game let me know and we can work something out.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Infinity anyone??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity anyone???   Infinity anyone??? EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks.....actually since that was December, I got into Heavy Gear Blitz and have a 1500 TV Northern Army built and in the process of painting.
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

Infinity anyone??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity anyone???   Infinity anyone??? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:13 am

A couple of us are going to play next thursday at EGC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Infinity anyone??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity anyone???   Infinity anyone??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Infinity anyone???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Other Gaming :: Other Wargames-
Jump to: