CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1000 Point Tau Army

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fralethepalewhale
Neophyte

1000 Point Tau Army Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Point Tau Army   1000 Point Tau Army EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Well guys as some of you may or may have not heard I am new here and I am a Tau player. So it has taken me awhile to get a list that I feel will do fairly well. I have been working on this list for a few weeks with me and some friends on DakkaDakka. I hope that this can still be competitive and fun to play Smile

Commander 87
Shas'el
*Missile Pod
*Plasma Rifle
*Multi-tracker

3 XV8 186
*3 Missile pods
*3 Plasma Rifles
*3 Multi-trackers

6 Fire warriors 60
Devilfish 110
*Smart Missile system
*Disruption pod
*Targetting array Multitracker

14 Kroot 98
14 Kroot 98

Hammerhead 180
*Railgun
*Smart Missile system
*Multi tracker
*Disruption pod

Hammerhead 180
*Railgun
*Smart Missile system
*Multi tracker
*Disruption pod

999pts
Back to top Go down
Lord of Change
Neophyte
Lord of Change

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Tau Army   1000 Point Tau Army EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Tau aren't so good at this level. Our stuff is too expensive. So, you need to cut costs where ever you can while achieving maximum firepower.

First, the warfish is 120 not 110. You may just want to leave it a dumbfish for 85.
Split off one of the Crisis Suits to a single and pair it with the leader. This will allow you to fire at more targets and never take a morale test for casualties. With some of the extra points you may be able to go 3x10 kroot. More scoring units and more targets you can shoot at. I'd rather have burst cannons than smart missiles on my Railheads. They are cheaper and fire more. When you're actually using them. Most of the time you'll want to move at cruising speed and fire the rail gun.

Ultimately, you need to play the list. See what works for you and what doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Fralethepalewhale
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Tau Army   1000 Point Tau Army EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:12 pm

I fixed the war fish and after some thought I just made it a dumbfish to save points. Yeah I was gonna do the 2 man crisis suit teams. Here are the changes I made. I still feel really good about this list.

Commander 87
Shas'el
*Missile Pod
*Plasma Rifle
*Multi-tracker

3 XV8 186
*3 Missile pods
*3 Plasma Rifles
*3 Multi-trackers

6 Firewarriors 60
1 Devilfish 85
*Disruption pod

6 Firewarriors 60
1 Devilfish 85
*Disruption pod

14 Kroot 98
14 Kroot 98

1 Hammerhead 165 (924)
*Railgun
*Burst Cannons
*Multitracker
*Disruption Pods

1 Broadside 75
*SMS
*Multitracker
999pts

Plenty of scoring units. With the FW's in the fish and then the kroot will outflank later on in the game to contest or capture objectives. The fish will stay with the HH until the end of the game and then they will move out and capture and contest along with the kroot. The fish and HH until then will form a tank will to give cover to the Crisis suits. And the Broadside will just sit and camp and pop tanks. There is a good chance it will get killed but anything that draws fire away from my suits I'm fine with. Other than that let me hear the good the bad and the ugly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Tau Army   1000 Point Tau Army Empty

Back to top Go down

1000 Point Tau Army
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: