CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAGBASH FAQ

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ Empty
PostSubject: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 4:49 pm

This will be the place to post any questions about rulings or clarifications needed for CAGBASH 2013.

Please post your question clearly.
After the question feel free to give an example if applicable.
All questions are open for discussion so feel free to offer any advice on how you feel it should be ruled.

FAQ's will be finalized first by GW BRB and Codex, GW FAQ, Review of INAT FAQ (not definitive), then ultimately by me and a few anonymous persons. This will be updated and posted regularly and a final draft will be available at CAGBASH.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
DanB
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:16 am

1) What happens first: Necrons Mindschackle Scarabs or deciding the result of the Assault Challenge?

Suggested answer: From my reading, there is no decided answer to this, since both occur "at the beginning of the fight sub-phase". The fallback ruling would be that the person whose turn it currently is (i.e. the one doing the assaulting) decides the order of operations.

2) Can a Grey Knight Grandmaster use his Grand Strategy ability on allied forces?

Suggested answer: The wording on the special rule says "any unit in your army". Some people have argued that allied forces are not technically part of your army. Personally, I think that's bat**** crazy, but if that is true it opens up a whole new can of worms.

2a) Sub-part question: Can Grand Strategy make Death Company scoring? What about Death Company Dreadnaugts?

Suggested answer: Well...technically if you can put Grand Strategy on a Death Company unit, it would make them scoring.

3) Do Necrons inside a Nightscythe take damage if it is shot down, or do they go into Reserves first?
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Q: What happens first: Necrons Mindschackle Scarabs or deciding the result of the Assault Challenge?
A: The player whose turn it is will determine in which order the challenge and Mindshackle will go off.

Q: Can a Grey Knight Grandmaster use his Grand Strategy ability on allied forces?
A: - Still under review I need to see the Greyknights Codex. But if it is like the IG and Space Marines then most likely no.

Q: Can Grand Strategy make Death Company scoring? What about Death Company Dreadnaugts?
A: Death Company are a scoring unit... But they have a specific rule that forbids them from holding objectives, I will clarify better once I get the Blood Angels Codex back.

Q: Do Necrons inside a Nightscythe take damage if it is shot down, or do they go into Reserves first?
A: No Clarifies in GW FAQ

Q: Can a Death Ray’s ‘line’ be drawn across a close combat?
A: No it may not [clarification]. (From INATFAQ Still under review)

Q: Can Bjorn the Fell hand be my Warlord?
A: No, as he does not have a LD Value.

Last edited by Makari on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Some thoughts on your questions
1) it states in the role book that if they occur at the same time whoevers turn it is choices which happens first, so I would say that is the official ruleing on that
2) my take on this one would depend on who the allies is, your example is one that per rules “friendly units” which to me would be counted as of same army, now the rest of the options, I would say no they wouldn’t listen or take support from someone who they are only working with because they feel no choice.
2a) Unless they rules state they cant be scoring or if the faq it I dont see why not.
3) Unless the necrons have a special rule on this(no clue never read their codex so could use help on that part) that says otherwise then I would say they would take the hits.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Makari wrote:
Q: Can a Grey Knight Grandmaster use his Grand Strategy ability on allied forces?
A: - Still under review I need to see the Greyknights Codex. But if it is like the IG and Space Marines then most likely no.

Q: Can Grand Strategy make Death Company scoring? What about Death Company Dreadnaugts?
A: Death Company are a scoring unit... But they have a specific rule that forbids them from holding objectives, I will clarify better once I get the Blood Angels Codex back.

I'm sure you'll look this up, but to clarify on these points:

GK Codex states any unit in the army (as long as it's infantry, walker, or MC), with no restrictions other than the listed type. As far as I can tell, there is no clarification in the FAQ or the INAT FAQ. Given that, you can target Death Company as a unit. Death Company speficially state they cannot be scoring units....however Grand Strategy only says they can hold objectives. So, essentially, they become non-scoring units that can hold objectives.

On the flip side, if your allies don't count as "part of your army" does that mean you can target them as you would an enemy unit? Can I use Anrakyr the Traveller's Mind in the Machine ability to shoot twice with my own allied vehicle, provided they are at least allies of convenience?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Rulebook does state that they cant be charged, shot, taregetd with psychic power or templated ot blask markers placed over them. thats for both allies of convenience and desperate allies

but they do not count at friendly units for the targeting of psychic powers

funny how that is worded
Back to top Go down
DanB
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:32 pm

FrostWolf wrote:
Rulebook does state that they cant be charged, shot, taregetd with psychic power or templated ot blask markers placed over them. thats for both allies of convenience and desperate allies

but they do not count at friendly units for the targeting of psychic powers

funny how that is worded

Necrons don't have psychic powers.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:05 pm

so basically they are enemies that cant be targeted, so I would say any rules that require an enemy but doesn’t require them to be targeted. no clue how the rules are worded on that one.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 am

FrostWolf wrote:
so basically they are enemies that cant be targeted, so I would say any rules that require an enemy but doesn’t require them to be targeted. no clue how the rules are worded on that one.

They can be targeted, with the listed exceptions (charged, shot, psychic powers, or template/blast markers placed over them).
Back to top Go down
DanB
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:49 am

Makari wrote:

Q: Do Necrons inside a Nightscythe take damage if it is shot down, or do they go into Reserves first?
A: Yes

Incorrect sir.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/01/changes-found-in-digital-codices.html

Fluff wins!
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:34 am

DanB wrote:
Makari wrote:

A: Yes

Incorrect sir.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/01/changes-found-in-digital-codices.html

Fluff wins!

I'll have to verify the information from the digital version. I was basing my answer off of the INAT FAQ. If GW FAQ changes then I'll make that adjustment as well.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 am

We've been discussing this on the Martial Law site and it appears the correction in the digital Ipad format occured very recently. I'm sure a FAQ will follow. It would seem that moral, RP and pinning concerns are a mute point now also.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:44 am

FAQ from GW confirms, CAG FAQ changed to reflect that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAGBASH FAQ   cagbash - CAGBASH FAQ Empty

Back to top Go down

CAGBASH FAQ
Page 1 of 1