CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers

Go down 
+5
Marc
Steve
Evil Bob
Rob
Crobar
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers   week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 8:24 am

Ok fun game, but as a normal idea try to have premade lists ready, say 1000, 1500, 2k, and if you have the points 3k.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers   week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:45 pm

I'll do better next time. Just got the book a couple days ago.

Big fan of pre-done lists. Using Word with the old book I had several pages of cheat sheets with different unit sizes and characters so a force could be put together within ten minutes. Might try to do that again.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers   week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Angry Bob wrote:
I'll do better next time. Just got the book a couple days ago.

Big fan of pre-done lists. Using Word with the old book I had several pages of cheat sheets with different unit sizes and characters so a force could be put together within ten minutes. Might try to do that again.

What was your list Angry Bob, if you dont mind me asking? Im looking for ideas myself.

Was you ably to use any Wolves or Gouls?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers   week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 1:18 pm

I have about a dozen 2k lists written up(only useing one rest were test/ideas) a 1k list and if I remove my lord from my 2k list I have my 1500 list, the reason I have predone list was more to prevent being rushed/makeing a mistake(which I still did) that could hurt me/be cheating due a unit not being able to take it......
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers   week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Sigma Golem wrote:
What was your list Angry Bob, if you dont mind me asking? Im looking for ideas myself.

Was you ably to use any Wolves or Gouls?
No Direwolves or Ghouls. Not because they aren't any good. Was rushing through a 3K list with a new book.

Core: 2x Standard Skeleton units with 20 models and full command. 2x Zombies units of 10 models with no banner (was trying to save points for my Black Guard).
Special: 1x mid sized unit of Black Knights and full command.
Rares: 2x Craine Wraith units (dusted off old models), 1x Vahngulf (sp)
Lord: Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon very heavy magic
Heroes: 2x Vampires mounted with Black Knights, 2x Necromancers on Corpse Carts

This list really was thrown together. Deployment wasn't any easier.

My impression with the newer rules is that blocked infantry (skeletons, ghouls, and Grave Guard) will have the biggest boost from the new rules. Grave Guard as a Special choice are looking pretty good since they can have their units re-raised with a full 1D6 (even better with a Corpse Cart with the bell nearby). The downside being that they can only ever be at the size they started at.

I think Direwovles are going to end up being a rank-canceling unit that lurks waiting to charge. Or maybe to hit another unit that will hopefully be overan into after a victory on another unit in front of it. The rules have a clause that afer an overun a unit can fight a second time if the next unit they run into is waiting to have a close combat resolved.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers   week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 6:15 pm

We need to compare notes, on the VC, somtime. Im eagar to get them going. As you might know, I really try to play only painted stuff. Im well on my way though.

Thanks for the Info..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers   week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

week days or evenings for Fantasy or settlers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2