CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Imperial Armour Apocalypse

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Imperial Armour Apocalypse Empty
PostSubject: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 9:55 am

Anyone nab a copy yet?

...one way or the other
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Haha, not yet

*runs to go search the tubes*

[EDIT] - acquiring now Wink Will be back with a quick report in a bit.

[EDIT2] - More of the same here really.

As expected, they updated just about everything that forgeworld produces to Apocalypse (including your Scythed Hierodule Marc Smile).

The only thing they didn't include is the kitchen sink.

Not sure it's worth the 40 bucks.

Dang, 2000 point Manta Shocked

The chaos greater demons are sweet too (no Tzeentchian one though Sad)
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 3:19 pm

On the bright side at $40 bucks is ghastly cheap compared to the hundreds to get the other Imperial Armour books. All of which need tweaking to get into Apokolypse.

I wonder how long until several of us end up with scout titans and/or forge world fliers.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 3:22 pm

Matt wrote:
As expected, they updated just about everything that forgeworld produces to Apocalypse (including your Scythed Hierodule Marc Smile).
The burning question is how relevent will the old rules be? The old rules are for regular 40K games. Maybe Apokolypse will have exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 1:44 am

In the book they have a page dedicated to exactly what rules in the old IA books work in apocalypse. It's pretty extensive covering choices all the way back to IA1.

So seems like they have that base covered.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 11:16 am

Matt, are there rules for the Tyranid superheavy creatures in there? Last night I clipped all the nid bits that I have collected through Marc off the sprues and it got me thinking more about sculpting a giant bug.

I kind of want to take the centipede rout to make use of all the scything talons I have as legs and the have the upper body covered in overlapping scales made from all the extended carapace bits.

At the front of the body I would switch over to bigger bits, like either the hive tyrant or fex scything talons and extended carapace bits. I don't think there is a creature that currently meets this description, but what do you guys think I should counts it as?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 1:05 pm

No rules for creating creatures. There are rules for certain kinds of creatures though. I'll get back to you later with what creatures there are rules for.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 1:14 pm

The second Chapter Aproved book has rules for making larger 'nid creatures. Most of that book is so out of date it isn't funny.

So JMarv you can use it for creating a creature. Although said monster could end up being point heavy or broken if exploiting the wrong rules.

I for one would love to see a super heavy 'nid in a game of Apokolypse.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 1:34 pm

I would use rules from either Apoc, or the IA:Apoc book and do a "counts as"
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 1:41 pm

Yeah Matt, that is what I was planning on doing, but I haven't aquired said IA:Apoc yet. I think the old chapter approved even had a centipede like creature, but those rules are way out of date and were really easy to create massively broken creatures.
Back to top Go down
SciFiCityCincinnati
Initiate
Initiate
SciFiCityCincinnati

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Hey can I get any of those spare 'nid bits at all? I wanna do something nasty with them for the DH game on sundays!

Catch me when I get back in town.

-eric
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial Armour Apocalypse   Imperial Armour Apocalypse Empty

Back to top Go down

Imperial Armour Apocalypse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: