CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helldorado Berber Hunter #1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Helldorado Berber Hunter #1 Empty
PostSubject: Helldorado Berber Hunter #1   Helldorado Berber Hunter #1 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 5:15 am

The first of 2 berber huntersfor my Helldorado Sarrasins army. The cloak is glazed versus layered. Very fast and easy.

Helldorado Berber Hunter #1 Img47df879106459
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

PostSubject: Re: Helldorado Berber Hunter #1   Helldorado Berber Hunter #1 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:01 am

looks great! i love the cloak. would you mind sharing your technique?
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Helldorado Berber Hunter #1   Helldorado Berber Hunter #1 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:04 am

John,

What kind of brushes do you use? I've always admired your work and I've been thinking lately that my brushes might be letting me down when I try to paint things. They don't seem to keep points very well.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: Helldorado Berber Hunter #1   Helldorado Berber Hunter #1 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:16 am

JMarv wrote:
John,

What kind of brushes do you use? I've always admired your work and I've been thinking lately that my brushes might be letting me down when I try to paint things. They don't seem to keep points very well.

I can say this about brushes, John gave me a high end brush that was broken in, and my painting went from ok, to a whole lot better.

Not trying to Steal the question, I just think a high end brush is well worth the money. Ive spent alot on cheap crap, just to wear out, and by more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helldorado Berber Hunter #1   Helldorado Berber Hunter #1 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:42 am

@ Danny - the cloak is Vallejo Model - Pale Sand.

Then very thin (like transparent) golden yellow: I used Rackham's b/c the pigment is finer for this type of work.

Layered this about 8 to 10 times. Load brush, off load on paper towel. Hit the area you want slowly building up color. I dry between layers w/ a hair dryer to speed this up.

Same w/ a light orange brown mixed in the yellow (VMC orange brown)6 passes (VMC. Then deeper orange brown - about 3 passes (RMS Oiled leather).

Highlights again w/ pale sand then Pale sand and white 50:50.

@ JMarv - most are done w/ Windsor and Newton series 7 miniature and none miniature. Purchased from www.dickblick.com

And Sigma's right....I'd paint w/ 50cent a bottle acrylics before I gave up the brushes. Worth every penny. Buy some brush soap too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helldorado Berber Hunter #1   Helldorado Berber Hunter #1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Helldorado Berber Hunter #1
Page 1 of 1