CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dropzone Commander

Go down 
+4
The Madman
ThatFrogGuy
Ghaz
CJ
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 am

Gotta start a thread for this one....

http://www.hawkwargames.com/

This game is going to be future crack for ALOT of people.....
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:51 am

There's a forum up now for this game.....check it out.

http://hot-lz.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
Ghaz
Neophyte

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:31 pm

So, any word on any local retailers (Cincinnati/Dayton/Lexington) for this game? It looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:08 pm

Ghaz wrote:
So, any word on any local retailers (Cincinnati/Dayton/Lexington) for this game? It looks interesting.

EGC may be getting it. Right now Ebay is your best bet. The waaay under anticipated in the popularity of the game so far. Rules are fantastic and the mini's are incredible. I'll link my photobucket later so you can see some of the UCM I'm building and going to play
Back to top Go down
ThatFrogGuy
Neophyte
ThatFrogGuy

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:11 pm

WOW, that looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 am

https://s896.photobucket.com/albums/ac163/cj76339/

Here's the link to my photbucket if you want to see some of the models in detail. I have a few other things on there as well.
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 am

CJ wrote:

I just don't see it... No

over $500 for 15mm squads...
that means shops will have to reinvest in a lot new micro sized terrain

who is going to back down off of GW, PP, Magic or Malifaux to drop that kind of coin on a new game...
that only Just released it's rule book...?

who is spearheading this game?
What shop or store leader is dedicating a day of the week for this game to be a regular scheduled thing?

I didn't see anybody jump on this before Gen Con... and who has it in stock now?
who is running demos to teach and promote ?

Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:59 am

The Madman wrote:
CJ wrote:

I just don't see it... No

over $500 for 15mm squads...
that means shops will have to reinvest in a lot new micro sized terrain

who is going to back down off of GW, PP, Magic or Malifaux to drop that kind of coin on a new game...
that only Just released it's rule book...?

who is spearheading this game?
What shop or store leader is dedicating a day of the week for this game to be a regular scheduled thing?

I didn't see anybody jump on this before Gen Con... and who has it in stock now?
who is running demos to teach and promote ?

That's the thing. Game IS brand new. All games have a beginning and have to begin somewhere. And technically, the game is close to Flames of War so you can use their terrain as well.

The websight has free building and road's you can download and make yourself. Hell, you can use your 40k table if you wanted too.

Granted it's 10mm in scale but the rules are fantastic and the mini's put GW fincast to shame.

Hawk Wargames didn't have anyone over seas at Gencon due to the timing of what was happening. They had ourchased multiple machines to put out product but the macing arrived late. The official release for everything wasn't until the 2nd week in August, thus being the week of Gencon.

However, the Warstore I do beleive was demoing the game. I had a few friends say it was up there and there were pictures of the mini's and some rulebooks they were selling as well.

I look at it this way, you pay anywere for 1 fincast model say $12-$25 bucks depending on the figure. With DzC mini's, you not only get more, but kore quality ofr either less or close to the same prices. Tons of free shipping are happening.

As for the game increase? It's going to happen. I can see this turning out to be as big or close to it as other popular games. I know of 5 of us playing the game or are planning on buying into it now or already have.

You can get everything you need through Hawk's websight buy purchasing a large or Mega army. the mega armies are over 2k in points and have everything you need. This isn't GW were you have to buy a ton of a certain thing. This game is designed to be balanced. There are no power house mini's in the game. Something in one army compliments or can challenge to almost equal to the same power of close to the same abilities as another.

I'm more than happy to bring my rulebook up and meet you someplace to check it out as well as bring my mini's. I ordered my foam trays for my sabol this morning so I will have them transport able here in a few days

as for teaching, right now no one but I know myself and another are planning on doing demos as soon as we get armies built as well as a few games in to get the rules down.

I know on Hawks websight...either Clint or Diane posted up from EGC saying they ordered some.

US distrobuters are sending out product this week and next week also......I ordered through warstore and Miniaturemarket for items.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:11 am

I've actually been thinking about getting some of the minis from this system and seeing how they paint up. I like the looks of some of them. Maybe after I get a few other minis I'm saving up for, I'll take the plunge!
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:12 am

Bojesphob wrote:
I've actually been thinking about getting some of the minis from this system and seeing how they paint up. I like the looks of some of them. Maybe after I get a few other minis I'm saving up for, I'll take the plunge!

check out my photobucket Joe.....I'm gunning for PHR next.....that way I have at least 2 armies
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:50 am

I own two armies. CM and PHR. I ran about 50 demos at Gencon in the booth and I actually like the game. I only have the starters but I plan on expanding. Probably just another game that I will keep in my closet and play once or twice a year! alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:03 am

Yeah, I've seen em in person already, CJ Smile And I did check out your link too. Not sure which army I like the best. I do like the PHR, and the Shaltarri (or however you spell it) are interesting. I've got a supersized mini I am wanting to get, and I'm about 1/3 the way into getting the funding (http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/cang.html) and hopefully with the commissions I've got lined up, that will knock that out in the next couple weeks, and after that, my extra money might go towards getting one of the Large army deals.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Kain.....any time you wanna throw down. I doubt after the game gets more exposure and we start seeing more mini's in stores, I think it will pick up. It's not going to be like 40k or WarmHordes but it will do well.

Trust me, my Knights and 40k will always be my first priority.

Joe, SAWEET! I say play what you like. Some of the battle reports and the way the command cards play, it's an "Anything can happen" game. And you n I live close, we can always throw down when and if you get any!
Back to top Go down
Ghaz
Neophyte

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:49 am

CJ wrote:
Ghaz wrote:

EGC may be getting it.
I don't get up to EGC too often. 30 miles one way + $4 gas = Crying or Very sad If they do start carrying it I'll have to make a trip up there, so if someone would be so kind as to post a reply to this message if they get some stock in it will be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:51 am

Ghaz wrote:
CJ wrote:
Ghaz wrote:

EGC may be getting it.
I don't get up to EGC too often. 30 miles one way + $4 gas = Crying or Very sad If they do start carrying it I'll have to make a trip up there, so if someone would be so kind as to post a reply to this message if they get some stock in it will be much appreciated.

I'm the same way....West side Cinti......

I ordered through Troll Trader on Ebay. Well worth it and he has plenty of stock
Back to top Go down
Ghaz
Neophyte

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:08 am

http://hot-lz.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=867

Disturbing news that there were two local stores that were going to carry Dropzone Commander that have decided not to.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:07 am

Not that disturbing, really. That posting is weird. The poster was talking as if the 2 stores that were originally going to support it where the only ones in Cincinnati.
I know that Eastside Games and seems Art of War are into carrying and playing. There are 6 guys at EGC that have armies, from Kains post he has at least 2 at AoW...
So Cincinnati is not with out stores to support it and for a new game impressive actually for a first go.

From my understanding of how Cincinnati works Westside is its own little country of sorts and anything that takes more than 5 minutes drive is too far.. this includes some of NKY. Growing up in a small town I understand this for a moment until I was here a year and got used to a standard travel time of 30-40 minutes. I worked at a lab that my commute was 35 min on a good day every day, my wifes is 45. I understand the gas thing that makes sense, especially being unemployed for as long as I was/am... I guess my point is Cincy is a great city that has some good gamestores that could be great if people would travel to and from the various sections of cincinnati/dayton more often... so to say that 2 stores out of the areadont carry it shouldnt be a discoragment really, there are at least what 12 stores in the cincy/dayton/NKY area within a reasonable drive time 50 min max...

Am I crazy? well ok yes I am, but am I wrong? The guy from th earticle jumped ship a little to quick for the wrong reason?
And in fairness to Hawk games they couldnt have anticipatedjust how awesome their product was and sell out everything they had... Sure they wanted to do that but this hit probably better than anyone anticipated. The true test of th ecompany will be how it handles itself here on out. I can forgive a 1st and possibly 2nd wave release for a new company having issues.

Just my $.02.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:49 am

As much as I hate to admit it, Sean is pretty Dag gone accurate in his assessment. Cincinnati Gamers are the lazy bunch of sacks I've ever seen. When I was in Dallas, people would drive 90 minutes one way to game...same with St. Louis.

We as a whole are not comfortable travelling more than fifteen minutes. We see it as a massive undertaking that requires a months planning and the like. You know it's interesting when I go to the GTs and stuff and listen to the people talk about how fair they're willing to travel in hours, when we locals bitch about travelling minutes.

Interesting indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 am

Well, while I don't get out and game much, for me, it isn't how long I'm driving that is the thing for me, it's the game experience itself.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like Warhammer, 40k, Warmahordes, etc, but I have a difficult time wrapping my head around the strategy of them. And that usually equates to me not doing well, and when you lost 99% of the games you play in these systems, it's easy to get to the point where you don't enjoy it anymore. Driving 40 minutes to play a game that you're horrible at and end up losing every time you play it is hard to justify, especially when your drive to work typically takes around 10 minutes in busy traffic. Well, that and when the town you come from, when you drive for 30 minutes, you end up more than 30 miles away, driving 30 minutes to go 10-15 miles is rather frustrating.... lol But 30 miles here, as Ghaz said he is away from Cincy, could actually be over an hour drive, depending on where he's coming from, and if you've only got 3 hours to get a game in, I can see how you'd not want to spend 2 hours of it driving.

Eventually, I am going to get into Dropzone Commander, and if none of the local stores are going to carry it, I will more than likely order from online. But, at least at the moment, EGC and AoW seem to be carrying them, and that means that one or both will get my business when I get the money to get into it. I'll try that system out and see if I enjoy it as a game or not, but even if I don't, I do like a number of the minis, and will at least have a well painted army to display! Thankfully, though, I have to wait to get into it because of finances, and that may hopefully allow Hawk Games to catch up on demand.

But, I'm not in gaming particularly because of the games themselves, as everybody who knows me is aware of, I do it for the painting, so maybe my opinion isn't all that relevant.

Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:37 pm

ok I'm fessing up it was me, and knowing the true side of things, well I changed my mind and am looking forward to joining the Eastsiders in some games.

NOW, lot of what I heard was from word of mouth. So right there I should of taken it with a grain of salt. But I didn't due to the source it came from. I'm not tossing names. I don't throw buses ontop of people.

AS for me driving to the east side??? I usuallt don't have an issue. It's more of the timing issue of when I can get out and up there. Now that Leslie is full MGT with Walgreens, this frees up some game time. Especailly with working downtown and access to the expressway from there is AWESOME.....it only take max 20 minutes.

SO.....yes it wasn't fair of me

Yes I shouldn't have lstend to 3rd parties and should of done my homework on this.

I'm a freaking dumb @$$

nuff said.....See you on the battlefield with my UCM
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:59 pm

Dropzone Commander 327
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:02 am

Makari wrote:
Dropzone Commander 327

LOL....

do you expect anything less of me??? LOL
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:36 am

Honestly I didnt have a clue it was you, but makes so much sense now... God love you CJ!
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:54 am

Makari wrote:
Honestly I didnt have a clue it was you, but makes so much sense now... God love you CJ!

Somebody has too! LOL
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 4:14 pm

I have the starter box of the Shaltari which I love and have started painting up with a color scheme close to the original but with some modifications to it to make it my own...lol. Get your game on!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dropzone Commander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander Empty

Back to top Go down

Dropzone Commander
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next