CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dropzone Commander

Go down 
+4
The Madman
ThatFrogGuy
Ghaz
CJ
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Dropzone Commander - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Got my PHR starter. So much better quality this time around than the last......
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Sweet :-) I've been really impressed with the quality so far! makes fine cast look amateur.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 pm

Put together my firt walker....trying to get the legs the way you want them is a pain in the ass....lol

But the Phobes looks good. I have my 2nd order in. I have a Posideon, Zues's, Scouts and Tritons coming. I'm using the A2 versions just in case I end up using them for Troops instead. I may walk my scouts on the board with my Command squad
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Cool! Smile I'm still enjoying the assembling/painting process so far! As I've said, I have some major commission work to finish before I can concentrate on these full force, but I haven't been able to ignore them either LOL Anyhow, yeah, the walker legs were a huge pain. I ended up gluing one leg first, then setting it on a flat surface, and positioned the torso where I wanted it. Then, when that leg was dry, I glued the other leg, and then put it in place on the flat surface with the other leg and torso and held them together while the second leg dried. Once I got that process down, I was able to go through the other 9 walkers pretty quickly. I haven't had all that great of luck with using green stuff to fill in the gaps on the tanks, though. I still have the lines down the middle, both for the UCM and the PHR tanks. Thankfully the Scimitar and Gladius are one piece for the body.... The Junos and the Bears all have the split down the middle still, even with the attempted gap filling...

I should have the two commissions done this month, so I am really hoping to go full tilt on these next month! I need to get the rulebook, too, and once I get at least the base colors on them, I'll be wanting to get some games in Smile
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Bojesphob wrote:
Cool! Smile I'm still enjoying the assembling/painting process so far! As I've said, I have some major commission work to finish before I can concentrate on these full force, but I haven't been able to ignore them either LOL Anyhow, yeah, the walker legs were a huge pain. I ended up gluing one leg first, then setting it on a flat surface, and positioned the torso where I wanted it. Then, when that leg was dry, I glued the other leg, and then put it in place on the flat surface with the other leg and torso and held them together while the second leg dried. Once I got that process down, I was able to go through the other 9 walkers pretty quickly. I haven't had all that great of luck with using green stuff to fill in the gaps on the tanks, though. I still have the lines down the middle, both for the UCM and the PHR tanks. Thankfully the Scimitar and Gladius are one piece for the body.... The Junos and the Bears all have the split down the middle still, even with the attempted gap filling...

I should have the two commissions done this month, so I am really hoping to go full tilt on these next month! I need to get the rulebook, too, and once I get at least the base colors on them, I'll be wanting to get some games in Smile

Had to do the same thing. it was a pain in the asrse....I may add just a small peice of green stuff just to give it a stick. I do have my Juno 1's, Phobes and 1 Neptune assembled. Of course, I have to make room in all my Infinity stuff on my desk to make room for this...lol

I got too much crap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dropzone Commander   Dropzone Commander - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dropzone Commander
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3