CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS

Go down 
+3
Matt
FrostWolf
JMarv
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS Empty
PostSubject: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 3:43 pm

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2008/02/rumors-5th-edition-tidbits.html

Some interesting things to note, especially intervening squads giving a 4+ cover save to models behind them and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 3:47 pm

There went the plasma cannons pinpoint fire ability......might have to rework my list if it doesnt hold up well but who knows it might help i suppose only time will tell there
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 4:31 pm

They haven't been pinpoint since 3rd Bruce... Even though, they will be less accurate now. Not too bad though, 1/3 chance of landing a hit, then a 2D6 roll take the highest (If that is how it ends up) and subtract BS (so MEQ 4) you will be hitting dead on most of the time anyway.

I'm inclined to believe that it is take the highest, as if it is really 2D6 blast weapons would be terrible.

The grot screen is also officially back. I wonder if the 4+ is taken whether or not you will lose one of the men blocking for you.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 pm

Matt, what do you mean by "if you will lose one of the men blocking you"? I don't think failed cover saves will transfer hits to the screening squad.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Yeah, but it is an interesting idea. One that fits with the way they have used screening squads before.

If you don't lose models on the screening squad we can all look forward to about 6 years of Ork tides winning every single game they play in.

I mean, if they don't... you could set up a marine gun line in the complete open and it would be as if half the army was in hard cover with no downside if they want to start moving. Kind of stupid.

I hope the squad in front will take the hits.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 4:23 pm

I would guess that Matt is right. What's the point in having your buddy (a.k.a. meatshield) give you cover if he doesn't bite the bullet meant for you.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 4:35 pm

If it doesnt then your choice is simple mow the front line down then kill the 2nd. Also my point was it is pinpoint as far as never scattering while now the cannon will scatter(and the missle as well if you pick the template) that can hurt you or it can help you but.....it can still cost you games. Also the fact that it means it will no longer over heat makes the cannon even more worth while takeing now than before.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 8:33 pm

I believe it will actually be 2D6 added together minus BS. For a Marine this would average 3 inches. I kinda like this, as it will be spot on 1/3 of the time, and drift under 4 inches over 1/3 of the time. I also like that a battlecannon now has the possibility of scattering all the way off of your unit.
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 pm

good point matt... i definitely agree that the squad in front should take the hits.. but what if your shooting at a squad, say, 3 squads back?
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 7:06 pm

Yeah, I tried to bring that up on BoLS, but nobody responded. I was wondering about shooting through one of your squads and through an enemy squad to a fourth squad. Would this be not allowed? Would the cover be 3+ instead of 4+? and if there are other hits, who gets them, your squad or their squad?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 6:12 pm

It will be interesting to see how this rule actually ends up reading. I can't imagine just being able to take 4+ cover saves from your own guys without any penalty.

Seriously... orks would just win every single game.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 6:14 pm

Orks, Nids, Guard.. it would be a Hordehammer 40k
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 6:15 pm

God nids would be retarded.

I'm like 99% sure it won't play like that.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 6:29 pm

I hope not...I hate how you play as it is....LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS   Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS Empty

Back to top Go down

Another 5th Ed update courtesy of BoLS
Page 1 of 1