CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign

Go down 
+12
kainthedragoonx
Keith
Fenix
JTPitt
wittdooley
JMarv
Evil Bob
Marc
FrostWolf
Crobar
Sigma Golem
Makari
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 7:25 pm

After a conversation with FrostWolf I will move my campaign up to be run first.
I will finish compiling the rules by next weekend I hope, and I will have them posted. I am currently getting a website up to support the campaign. Any suggetions or help would be appreciated.
I am getting my 2 new box sets from my dealer soon, I hope Question ...

My campaign will be a bit more advanced than most.
The Highlights are:
No one night a week that everyone has to be there
Trading of resources
Challenging, multiple ways to win.
Warhammer Quest
Specialized Characters completely unique to the player!
Easy to follow rules and charts
The GM takes care of the calculations... with updates so you can keep track of it too!

Please Let me know who is interested and with 1-3 armies that you want to play. Based on the players and the armies I will determine the make up of the teams... I want to get the campaign started by the end of April.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
****************Updated 04/07/08******************************
Thus far we have:
Crobar= High Elves, Btretonians, Wood Elves, or Ogres
Frostwolf= Skaven or VC
Marc= Empire
Angry Bob= VC
JMarv=Lizardmen or Dwarfs
JPitt= Orc & Goblin
wittdooley= High Elves
****************Updated 04/07/08******************************
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

I have noticed that some people write their rosters on sheets of note book paper when I was up at sci fi city. For this campaign along with your roster sheet you will be getting a file that each of your banners will be put in excel in a format that is easy to read and understand.
This sheet must be present a the time of the battle, it doesn't have to be shown to your opponent until after the game.
If you don't know how to use Excel, you should be ashamed of yourself... Razz anyone should be able to ustilize it.

Last edited by makari on Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Is there a way to play the Campaign, without being on a team? What is the reason behind having teams.

*Im not critizing, only trying to understand better*. So if any of my questions seems forward, well they probly are... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 8:41 pm

All is good as long as you don't bring my mom into it...

The teams which will be outlined in the rules more, are for those who can kinda commit to one game a week...

If you can play every game then you don't have to be on a team.

The teams will be formed of the same Armies. ie.. Wood Elves with wood elves, orcs with orcs.... taht way if one person can't play the game the other should be able to play, The nice thing about this campaign is there will not be a mandatory day you have to play. Your turn is done with me the GM up and until you engage an enemy army. Then the 2 opposing forces will choose when and where during the week time period they will fight that battle.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 5:00 am

I would be interested. I can be on a team or run alone if you need more factions. I currently have 4 armies I can play up to 3000 points or so. I will list them in my prefered order, but since I own them all, I don't mind playing any of them. Just fit me in where you need me to go.

High Elves
Brettonians
Wood Elves
Ogres, ( I prefer the Ironskin list)
I have the codex for both Hordes of Choas and Dark Elves, (including the rules for the Dark Elf Slaneesh list) but I would have to proxy nearly all the models.
I also have rules for a hafling army, but they are based on 6th edition rules. I would have to proxy all of these.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:17 am

I have skaven and will soon have 1k-2k of vampire counts(not sure how many points due to the fact Im not sure how much each unit is worth). And of Course I am intersted.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 8:58 am

Vampire Counts are the new flavour of the month Laughing

...or until the Daemons are unleashed.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:01 am

Razz no use changing what I want to play due to finding out others are going to play the army(when I decided I was going to play them I didnt know that Angry Bob or anyone else played Vampire Counts) Razz
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:20 am

I've got a desent size new VC in build. This dosent mean I will be at the tournament/Campaign, or even play. I collect alot of GW stuff, and Ive never played one game. I am reading the rulebook though.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 11:34 am

I am going to try to avoid buying another army just yet, I think I want to try to finish one of the ones I already have Smile.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:52 pm

Marc wrote:
Vampire Counts are the new flavour of the month Laughing
I've waited since the last century to hear that.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 1:30 pm

I dunno Bob, they were pretty sound before the update. IMO they were boosted a bit too much. I was planning on doing VC after seeing the Vargulf model and peeking at the Ghoul stats (a solid Core selection there) but then the multiple same spell cast per turn, etheral cavalry mounts, hard spell cast into close combat, etc turned me off.

I just hope you all behave yourself Wink
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:28 pm

The new book is great. From my position it was outdated, okay back when based on the direction of the game long ago. Frankly other books needed updates faster like High Elves (who rotted by neglect) and the Orcs & Goblins book.

Early on it was a fine book... actually pick one they've had several VC books in short order before making some sense now. After the Skaven book it like all of the others were outdated.

This last book was long passed its usefulness. With care could compete up until the Wood Elf book. Still they relied on a Vampire Character leading the army too much, now with only three wounds I will actually rely on other characters more, who also had some much needed tweaking. Necromancy as a spell list was so old and pathetic that magic which was centeral in the Undead book became some kind of gross joke. They lacked any competent units and with the rising commonness of Immune to Psychology or fear causing it was just getting sickening to see Fear become like a point anchor. The pricing on magic items was a pretty sick joke too. Blood Dragons were the only way to play competently near and above 2k.

For myself to get it to work was 'trixy' use of Direwolves, several Black Knight units, and a Blood Dragon on Zombie Dragon. The vision of ranked (skeletons, zombies, Grave Guard) units as the primary fighters was impossible. I didn't play them like how the army book advised.

These changes with Necromancy and ethereal movement on skeletal steeds is basically inspired by the first Undead book. It's a nice homage. The Vampire rule and having units that can actually fight (or better priced to fit the current rules) was an attempt to bring them into this current rank-n-file combat-res game.

This book was needed. So much so that I stopped playing to wait on the next book because of everyone else getting rules that bent the game system.

I will endeavor not to abuse the book. Mainly not taking advantage of someone else who is trying to play their own book in a fun and fluffy manner.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:14 am

FYI Off topic...

OK so it will be fun having a bunch of Vampire counts playing...
that could be interesting....
SOOOOOO
how many people think they can run on their own and how many people think they will need or want to be put on a team?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:28 am

How many points will we need to start?

How much time do we have until we start?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:52 am

ok I could if i had to work by myself but if this lasts into summer(which it will) I would have to miss 2 weeks at least of game time due to vacation, so for me I would prefer to be on a team.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 9:28 am

Ok everyone will have a set amount of gold that they can purchase their army or build stuff... No one is going to be starting with the same amount of points for their army...
if you can field a 3,000 point army you can run by yourself, actually most people only had 2000 when we played and didn't have issues, but for the first couple of years in the campaign no one will have more than 1500 in a banner at one time.
The rule book is about 30-40% done. Making some good progress though!

Hopeful start time before the end of april!

Last edited by makari on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 9:28 am

I'm interested in playing either lizardmen or dwarfs, but I definitely need to be on a team, cause I don't know how often I'll be able to play.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 1:57 am

I can stand alone or be on a team. I will be going on vacation in Sept, but other than that, I don't expect to miss much. Just let me know what you need, a team player? Or another faction to spice things up. I should be able to raise 3000 points for any of my armies.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 9:39 am

makari wrote:
how many people think they can run on their own and how many people think they will need or want to be put on a team?
Would gladdy go solo, points isn't an issue. Yet odds are I would have to forfeit or draw on games because of timing issues.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 12:08 pm

Are you able to get a game in a week? if you can choose the date and time?
Forfeiting is really bad and can be costly depending on how mean your opponent is...
Someone else can play battles if you can't, even if it is a route it would be better than a forfeit sometimes...
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 2:06 pm

Yep. Hense why playing sollo ain't so hot. I can arrange a game date it is just if the day isn't regular then a week in advance is generally necessary.

Although right now we have played constantly on Thursdays at Scifi City.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 11:09 pm

I'd love to participate in a Fantasy Campaign...Sadly, I do not have a Fantasy Army! Doh!
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 11:20 pm

Each turn that has a battle generally has seven days to play the battle... If that can't be done then your best bet is for sure with a team.

Also say you don't have enough models? If it is possible anyone can utilize other peoples minis and I have a descent amount of armies...

Sadly the no Fantasy army is an issue.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 11:08 am

wittdooley wrote:
I'd love to participate in a Fantasy Campaign...Sadly, I do not have a Fantasy Army! Doh!

I have a good deal of Dwarfs just collecting dust if interested. I will sell them, but I dont think I could go out of my way for ya.(meaning, NO sweet deals). I have been burned big time before, and wont let it happen again.

But, if ou want them for the campaign, let me know, and I will gather up a full list of details.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 10:25 pm

Just an update. Playtesting is in it's final days and I'll have the rules posted by the end of next weekend!

If you are interested in playing and do not see your name on the list at the begining of the thread let me know.

Those that are on the list try to cement with me what army you for sure are gonna play. Also what team if any you would like to be on based on the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign   Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

Mak's Warhammer Fantasy Campaign
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Fantasy General Discussion-
Jump to: