CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First army list_Ork- need critique please lol

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brettfncoleman
Neophyte
brettfncoleman

First army list_Ork- need critique please lol Empty
PostSubject: First army list_Ork- need critique please lol   First army list_Ork- need critique please lol EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 7:11 am

Okay so yesterday i went out and got my ork codex and i spent last night trying to come up with an army list lol this is my first one ive ever made so it may very well end up sucking ballz lol so if anyone could guide me in teh right direction that would be cool lol

Warboss-100pts
power klaw
kombi scorcha shoota
eavy armor
bosspole

Choppa Boyz 20-205
stickbombs
2 big shootaz
nob w/pk and eavy armor
boss pole

'Ard boyz 20- 270
stick bombz
2 big shootaz
nobw/pk
bosspole

Choppa Boyz 20-205
stickbombs
2 big shootaz
nob w/pk and eavy armor
boss pole

Kommandos 5- 120
rokkit launcha
burna
nob w/pk and eavy armor

Nobz 5- 235
1 w/pk
4 w/big choppaz
1 shoota skorcha
5 w/ eavy armor
w/ trukk
redpaint
rokkit launcha
armored plates

Deff Koptas 5- 225
twin linked rokkit launchas x5

Looted Wagon(space marine vindicator)- 115
boomgun
armoured plates

so thats my army just let me know what you guys think, i was considering taking out a few coptors and adding some bikes but it seemed like the coptors had better stats sort of. Well let me know lol! thanks guyz
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: First army list_Ork- need critique please lol   First army list_Ork- need critique please lol EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 4:52 pm

5 koptas is about the minimum I would take. So if you drop any, drop them all. Personally I would keep them, but it's a matter of taste I think.

Think about a kustom force field generator. I've seen those used a lot lately. Not a game winner but definitely a boost.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
brettfncoleman
Neophyte
brettfncoleman

PostSubject: Re: First army list_Ork- need critique please lol   First army list_Ork- need critique please lol EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 8:21 pm

thanks for the input lol i didnt know whether or not the coptors where any good since im new but i have heard both good and bad things from them
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: First army list_Ork- need critique please lol   First army list_Ork- need critique please lol EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 8:53 pm

Three comments for things you could change to give your army a slightly different flavour, that flavour being mostly dakka.

Then two comments for being more choppy.

Instead of Kommandos, replace them with Lootas for some long ranged heavy firepower.

Instead of Big Shootas, replace them with Rokkit Launchas (drop one Deffkopta to pay for the upgrades), and you now have even more anti-tank firepower to work with, anti-tank stuff being the main weakness of Orks. (Which is why everyone loves Deffkopas now. Scouting/Outflanking twin-linked rokkits with cheap (due to black reach) models). Losing one Twin-linked Rokkit to gain three squads of 2 rokkits is a fair trade-off.

Alternatively, get rid of the big shootas/rokkits on the boyz altogether, since Slugga Boyz are usually running to get into range (then WAAAGHing to run and assault), or replace one squad of Sluggas with Shootas.

If you can spare the extra 30 points, upgrade a Nob to a Painboy. Feel No Pain will make the Nobz even more annoying to kill. Also, a WAAAGH banner is awesome. With most things being WS4 or less, you'll be hitting on 3+ and wounding on 2+ for some ded killy action.

Last comment/suggestion: Since your Warboss can be singled out sometimes, you may want to drop the 10 points on the Cybork body for an invuln save.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: First army list_Ork- need critique please lol   First army list_Ork- need critique please lol EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 7:49 am

Orks in 5th need numbers. The best thing that I have found that works for me is to work backwards from the HQ.

Big Mek (w/ Kustom Force Field or Shokk attack gun or get one of each.)

****~10(12-15 best) Kommandos w/ 2 Burnas MUST TAKE SNIKROT!!!!

THEN fill in the rest with 30 Boyz mobz with a Nob and Power Klaw. Alternate between Slugga/Choppa and Shootas. SHootas should get a mix of Big SHootas and Rokkit launchas.

After you have filled at least 3 mobz of 30 then get som looted wagons with Boom Gunz/ Nothing else.

If after you take 2 wagons then start putting more boyz mobz in and maybe a tankbusta squad or Lootas.

I really love trukks but they can only be useful if there are multiple trukks.
Leave the trukks and warbikes for speed freaks...

Play testing will uncover your style of play and you'll see what works really quick.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First army list_Ork- need critique please lol   First army list_Ork- need critique please lol Empty

Back to top Go down

First army list_Ork- need critique please lol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: