CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

weapons restrictions?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jojobongos
Neophyte

weapons restrictions? Empty
PostSubject: weapons restrictions?   weapons restrictions? EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 4:26 pm

Quick question from a total noob,

How many special/heavy weapons can you equip to a normal SM squad (meltas, flamers, power fists etc)? Am I only bound by the actual point cost (meaning I could have a really small squad with power weapons etc or are these capped to the sargeant and a few squad members)? Want to make sure I read the rulebook correctly before I start glueing power fists to every spare torso I can find! If it makes a difference I am building a BT SM army but haven't had the time to grab the codex yet.
Back to top Go down
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte
Chethrok_Bloodfist

PostSubject: Re: weapons restrictions?   weapons restrictions? EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 4:32 pm

You aren't going to find rules on that in the rulebook. They're going to be in your army codex. If the BT stands for Black Templars, and you're working from the Black Templars codex, I'm not too sure about how many special weapons you get. But rest assured that there is a cap of one or two special weapons (don't go gluing special weapons on everywhere, you'll get two, maybe three).

If you're going off of the normal Space Marine codex, then a basic tactical squad can have one (1) special close combat weapon, and that's for the sergeant. If the squad is at full strength (10 men), then you can also have one (1) special weapon (plasma, melta, flamer) and one heavy weapon (missile launcher, heavy bolter, etc.).

Basically, you should probably pick up your army codex before you start building stuff, so you know what options are and aren't allowed.
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: weapons restrictions?   weapons restrictions? EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 6:21 pm

If you're following the BT codex, and not Codex Ultramarines and Friends (5th Ed Marine Codex): One Initiatite(Normal BT marine) per squad can get: Power Weapon/Pistol, Power Fist/Pistol, Hbolter, Plascannon, Lascannon, Missile Launcher, or Multi-melta.
One other Initiate per squad can get: Flamer, Melta, or Plasma gun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weapons restrictions?   weapons restrictions? Empty

Back to top Go down

weapons restrictions?
Page 1 of 1