CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'll do an Ig list too!

Go down 
+2
Warmonger
Sexiest_hero
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

I'll do an Ig list too! Empty
PostSubject: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! EmptyFri May 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Lord commisar power fist camo cloak-95

Primaris psyker-70

Priest-45

Techpriest Enginseer servitor x3 heavy bolterX2-110

10 rattlings-100

Guarsman Sly Marbo-65

5 Psyker battle squad-60

Platoon command-30

Infantry squad-50

Infantry squad-50

Infantry squad-50

Heavy weapons squad Mortar-60

Heavy weapons squad Heavy bolter-75

Heavy weapons squad Autocannon-75

Heavy weapons squad missile launcher-90

Heavy weapons squad Lascannon-105

Penal Legion-80

Penal Legion-80

6 rough riders meltabomb-70

Leman russ Executioner Plasma cannon sponson-230

Death-Strike missile launcher-160

Plans a simple one. All the fast stuff goes on one flank. Rattlings, penal, marbo, rough riders. Tanks go on the other flank/somewere in cover with the techpriest. Line squads cover the heavy weapons team.The primus forces leadership tests for shots, commisar lord keeps everybodies leardership at 10. The battle squad lowers leadership for the rattlings and mortars. Around turn 3 the Death strike can start launching up to12 blasts of doom.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:17 am

The death-strike missle launcher is only a one shot wonder. Are you thinking of the manticore? the points are right for it, if so why would you wait till round 3 to use it?
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:29 am

There are a few reasons I like the death strike. First off It comes with an heavy bolter so It's doing something while it's being loaded. Second getting a weapon destroyed only gives it a -1 to shoot, but can still be removed by the tech-priest. Third, an up to 12" str 10 ap1 cover save removing blast will pull some heat off the guardsmen in the later turns or blast an Objective clear. Plus with it's completly silly range and indirect fire it can hit anything, from anywhere. Also note that it does not have a center of blast and any vehicles even slightly clipped suffer a str 10 hit.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:53 am

I understand the differences and advantages between the two, the reason I posted was because you mentioned 12 blasts of doom in reference to the Death-Strike missile launcher. The Death-Strike is one shot only with one blast template at d3+3 inches, after that all you have is a hvy bolter.

The Manticore has the potental to unleash 12 blasts of doom with its d3 barrages per shot. Thats why I was wondering what you were actually refering too in your post.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:02 pm

I meant a 12" blast of doom. Looking back on it I over looked the one shot a game bit. That makes me a sad puppy.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:16 pm

I think the deathstrike is going to prove to be very interesting, as it can become a VERY high value target for your opponent to take out, thus, as Sexiest said, taking away some heat from your guardsmen.

I'm trying to build a list of my own and am having trouble, as I don't know exactly what kind of armour I want.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Here's my IG LIST TOO!!!!! silent Wink Cool Shocked Surprised Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Very Happy Razz cyclops monkey pale alien Basketball bounce rabbit drunken Sleep sunny albino geek queen farao study elephant flower afro rendeer bom pig clown pirat Rolling Eyes

Heh.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Re-done Ig list don't really know if I like it better than the first one...

Company commander power sword 10,
2 sniper rifles10. Officer of the fleet30.

Commissar lord 70 power sword 10 points

priest 45

Techpriest and 2 servitors 75
Elites
5 psyker batter squad 60

Guardsman Marbo 65

10 rattlings 100

Troops
penal squad 80

penal squad 80

platoon command 30+ power weapon10

infantry squad50+power-weapon 10+

heavy weapons team
H.Bolter 75

auto-cannon 75

mortar 60

missile launcher 90

lascannon 105

Fast attack
10 rough riders 105

10 rough riders 105

hydra flak gun 75

Heavy support

Leman russ exterminator 150

Mantacore rocket launcher 160
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:54 pm

CJ wrote:
Here's my IG LIST TOO!!!!! silent Wink Cool Shocked Surprised Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad Very Happy Razz cyclops monkey pale alien Basketball bounce rabbit drunken Sleep sunny albino geek queen farao study elephant flower afro rendeer bom pig clown pirat Rolling Eyes

Heh.

ive missed you!
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:34 am

Sexiest_hero wrote:
Re-done Ig list don't really know if I like it better than the first one...

Company commander power sword 10,
2 sniper rifles10. Officer of the fleet30.

Commissar lord 70 power sword 10 points

priest 45

Techpriest and 2 servitors 75
Elites
5 psyker batter squad 60

Guardsman Marbo 65

10 rattlings 100

Troops
penal squad 80

penal squad 80

platoon command 30+ power weapon10

heavy weapons team
H.Bolter 75

auto-cannon 75

mortar 60

missile launcher 90

lascannon 105

Fast attack
10 rough riders 105

10 rough riders 105

hydra flak gun 75

Heavy support

Leman russ exterminator 150

Mantacore rocket launcher 160

Uh....

you know...... if you want a mob CC army.... its called nids right?

More power to you though, this is close to what id run if I tried to run a CC guard. Though I would never do that. Youv made a decent list for what your trying to do, I just think the army itself will end up hendering you.

About the list though...

Snipers with your command squad that has a power weapon? thats a no-no
you realise the snipers are heavy 1 right? You want to keep your commander mobile even with your com lord out there. Consider plasmaguns, possibly flamers depending on your play style.

Techpriests are even more useless now, the game is too quick and they are a huge waste of points. Yeah I know he has a powerfist but hes not worth it, not by a long shot. You want a PF? Stick it on someone with a squad that can soak some shots.

Use those points to buy some assault weapons for your infantry squads, even a grenade launcher is worth it.

In reference to your heavy weapons teams, have you ever heard of the 3Cs?

Read it here http://commissar.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Tactics&action=display&thread=6314

The part you should read is the last C, pick 2 heavy weapons and stick with em. I like the missile launcher and lascannon for your army.

Hydra eh? You know depending on who your playing these things can actually be awesome. Damn triple land speeder armies.

Exterminator is finally worth it but I think your army a demolisher is too good to pass up. It gets in close and has that str 10 your gonna need for DCCs

The manticore is something we will probably be seeing alot of. Its killing power is obscene, and you can spend a turn to get it into a good position and not feel like your wasting a shot.

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:05 am

Thanks for the feed back. I read that 3 c tactica just the other day. The plan is for the list to be a counter charge list. Lascannons to stun or shake AV 14, missiles and auto-cannons formed armor. Heavy-bolters for hordes and plasmaguns for transports. the snipers and rattlings are there just to try for the pin with the Psyker squad's help. I think I may take your advice on the demolisher. I will think about trading in the sniper rifles for plasma guns or grenade launchers. Much food for though....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll do an Ig list too!   I'll do an Ig list too! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'll do an Ig list too!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: