CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hordes/WM Mk II

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Hordes/WM Mk II Empty
PostSubject: Hordes/WM Mk II   Hordes/WM Mk II EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 8:07 am

Anyone have a link or can post content of a good article on building a force for either game? Are there new points listed somewhere for existing models. Considering hordes Minions. The new Pig Caster is very nice.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Hordes/WM Mk II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/WM Mk II   Hordes/WM Mk II EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:01 am

There is a good army builder link stickied at the top of this sections list

Also, a good place for finding info on units strengths and weaknesses, both Hordes and Warmachine: http://battlecollege.wikispaces.com/
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Hordes/WM Mk II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/WM Mk II   Hordes/WM Mk II EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:28 am

oh and don't forget
http://www.forwardkommander.com/

for making your list....also has a nice mini collector keeper.
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

Hordes/WM Mk II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/WM Mk II   Hordes/WM Mk II EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:34 am

I haven’t seen a general guide to making a WM or Hordes list. With how dynamic the system is I think it would be pretty hard to do so. What I’ve been seeing over on the Privateer forums is that they talk about specific casters and ideas while using them. I’ve been using a combination of those for making my potential lists. I hit the Privateer forums and try to figure out what an armies must have items are. For instance using widow makers for Khador or a shepherd for Everblight.
Back to top Go down

Hordes/WM Mk II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/WM Mk II   Hordes/WM Mk II EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:44 am

Are minions a full faction that can be played by themselves or are they only allowed with other factions. I was hoping to do all Minion army but it isn't in the builder.

I guess I'm looking for what is a good balanced starter not a list builder.

ie.
How many points is a typical game?
What are the point values of minion figs in MK II
You should run 1 caster, 1 warbeast, 2 light WB and a 2 units...etc
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

Hordes/WM Mk II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/WM Mk II   Hordes/WM Mk II EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:22 pm

I have a PDF with the majority of the minion models stats on it. I can email it to you if you would like. That will show you the full stats of those models.
I looked and saw that the Minions will work for Circle, Legion, Skorne, and Trollbloods. I don’t see a reason why you couldn’t have a pure minion army though since your able to do it in Warmachine.

For the army points we are learning at 11 (basic box size), 15, and 25. Tourney games are running at 35 and 50 points.

The question about warcasters is easy. You are only able to field one caster in a game until you hit the hundred point mark. Also, casters do not have their own point cost. They are “free” and each will give you a bonus number of points that can be applied specifically to beasts or warjacks in warmachines case.
Back to top Go down
Rogue4525
Neophyte
Rogue4525

Hordes/WM Mk II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/WM Mk II   Hordes/WM Mk II EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Hey Necron,

Miniions will be a fully fleshed out faction, but their book will not arrive until later this year. So far there is just the one warcaster and heavy warbeast.

As for your other questions-

-A typical game depends on the area that you play. At Yottaquest, we tend to play 35 or 50 point games because we've all been playing for a while and have bigger armies available. For newer groups, I find 15, 25, and 35 to be common. Most tournaments are player at 35 or 50.
-Like I said above, most of the Minion models haven't been released yet, so we don't have point values. There are a few units and solos out now, but we're unsure how they will stack up/interact with the different Minion bands.
-As far as the construction question, the only thing that I can tell you for sure is that you'll typically run one caster. After that, it's all about the style of play that you prefer. I typically strive for balance in my lists. For example, last night I played a 35 point list with 1 heavy, 2 lights, 2 units, and 4 solos. Once you get in a few games, you'll figure out the balance that you like.

If you've got any questions on building a starter force of any kind (except Minions, but I'll know how to do that soon enough Smile ), please feel free to send me a pm.
Back to top Go down
Rogue4525
Neophyte
Rogue4525

Hordes/WM Mk II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/WM Mk II   Hordes/WM Mk II EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Ack, beaten by Carl!

You're correct that you can play Minions as a stand-alone eventually, but at the moment they don't have many beast/caster selections (1 apiece). Expect this to change when the book comes out with the new Minion models.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hordes/WM Mk II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hordes/WM Mk II   Hordes/WM Mk II Empty

Back to top Go down

Hordes/WM Mk II
Page 1 of 1