CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baneblade conversion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Baneblade conversion Empty
PostSubject: Baneblade conversion   Baneblade conversion EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 3:33 pm

Ok, I was goofing around on eBay, I saw an auction for one at 79.99 with no shipping costs. For some odd reason, I was the only bidder, and got a Baneblade for 80 bucks!! Woo hoo!!

Anyhow, keeping with the theme of what I want to do with some imperial guard (https://cincycag.forumotion.com/wip-painting-and-conversions-f5/first-imp-guard-t473.htm), and so I have a Baneblade in some need of conversion work Basically, I want to do a blade that is still ImpGuard, but that has some Ultramarine trappings. I was thinking about painting some panels blue/gold/red, and then maybe adding some space marine weaponry. One thought I had was maybe add some missle pods from a dreadnought, or maybe even a whirlwind missle pod? Is that overkill, or does it sound like a good idea? Any other ideas that would make it UM themed, but not exactly space marine? It will be about two weeks before I can even work on it, so I'll have time to decide.....
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade conversion   Baneblade conversion EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 11:08 pm

I think you could theme it without adding weapons (which it doesn't have in its profile anyway).

Perhaps one of the crew could be a marine model... I like your other suggestions too.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade conversion   Baneblade conversion EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 8:05 am

Hmm.... that's true, hadn't thought about that. Would it be strage to have UM sigels and stuff on it? I bought some Forgeworld Ultramarine icons, and even though I used a few on my Land Raider, I have two more sets that I could potentially put onto it. I guess just the colors would be sufficient....
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade conversion   Baneblade conversion EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 12:36 pm

I don't think so, take a look at BigReds "fellblade" over at BoLS.

A pretty common conversion for people wanting baneblades in SM armies.

Link

may give you some ideas. These were baneblade mods that marines fielded during the great crusades.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade conversion   Baneblade conversion EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 1:06 pm

Hmmmm.... I do have some leftover driver parts from the landraider I recently painted.... Though, I don't know if I want to go with all blue, though, as I think that might be a little too much. But, since my troops are blue, yellow, white and red, I could just make the whole baneblade (or fellblade, whichever I decide to go with) one main color and do highlight panels of the other colors... Thanks for the link, though Smile I can't wait to get the thing in the mail!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade conversion   Baneblade conversion EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 3:11 pm

they are sweet, we had two in the apocalypse game the other day.

Awesome kit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baneblade conversion   Baneblade conversion Empty

Back to top Go down

Baneblade conversion
Page 1 of 1