CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Baneblade update - 1/31

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Another Baneblade update - 1/31 Empty
PostSubject: Another Baneblade update - 1/31   Another Baneblade update - 1/31 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 9:30 am

Well, I have not been able to work on this all that much lately, last night being the first time I've had a chance to do anything on this in about a week Sad Anyhow, I've got some green stuff and some more magnets coming so I can finish the other cannon off, and since I was able to get some more primer, I'm able to continue painting.

Another Baneblade update - 1/31 _1302778

Now, things that I noticed about this:
1) I need to make sure I hit some places with the black primer then some black paint on the insides of the treads... I wasn't aware I had missed any places until I took this picture this morning
2) The inside of the cannon on the front needs some primer as well. Also need to coat the inside of the sponsons for the flamers/bolters
3) There are a few places where the base color is showing through the tan/khaki color... Those will be touched up
4) Still needs ink/drybrushing like the turret got
5) You can't see this, but the back end of it still needs paint
6) Bolter turret and bolter/flamers in sponsons need painting still

So, what do you all think? I know it's an unfinished project so far, but do you think it's coming along well?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Another Baneblade update - 1/31   Another Baneblade update - 1/31 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 11:25 am

Looking sweet man, the areas that have been hit with ink look really nice.

Perhaps instead of trying to hit stuff with the spray primer its time to just do the last little bits that need to be black by hand?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Another Baneblade update - 1/31   Another Baneblade update - 1/31 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 12:32 pm

Actually, Matt, this has all been done by hand. I've been using Reaper brush on primer for the whole thing. It's a little more work, but I find that I have more control than if i were to spray (at least, that's when I spray, not everybody in general). Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Another Baneblade update - 1/31   Another Baneblade update - 1/31 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 12:38 pm

Oh ok, perfect. I just had terrible visions of you taping up areas and hitting others with spray.

I used brush on primer for all of my confrontation minis, it really does make a difference.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Another Baneblade update - 1/31   Another Baneblade update - 1/31 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 12:43 pm

well, since it's been so cold lately, I can't easily spray outside, and now that my garage is no more, I don't have any places ventilated enough to do it inside.... So, I figured I'd try the brush on with some of the marines that I've done, and I liked it so much I decided to always use it Smile What's really nice it being able to sit at my painting spot and primer one mini, then turn and paint a different one while the first one dries, then go back to the other one when it's ready... No getting up and having to go outside and check on dryness!

But, yeah, no spraying or taping in my immediate future Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Baneblade update - 1/31   Another Baneblade update - 1/31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Baneblade update - 1/31
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: