CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!! Empty
PostSubject: 6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!!    6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Bell of Lost Souls 6Edition Box set mark2

The birds have been tweeting and we have word of what the next Warhammer 40,000 boxed starter set will look like.

We have already talked a bit about the first half of the year, and now we have word of perhaps the key product of the Q3-4 - An updated Warhammer 40,000 boxed set. Here are the details:

Launch Window - @September
Rules Summary: Updated Mini-rulebook contains FAQs, minor tweaks and clarifications, and much of Stronghold Assault rolled into a new shiny package.
Miniatures included: @70
Armies:
Blood Angels (plastic quick assembly)
- Assault Marine Squad
- Tactical Marine Squad
- Death Company Squad
- Captain (kitted out for assault)
- Chaplain
- Sanguinary Priest (limited edition, similar to the Dark Vengeance mini was)

Orks (plastic quick assembly)
- 'Ardboys (full mob)
- Nobs (small squad)
- Warboss
- Big Mek
- Ork themed fortification

This was described as simply an updated Warhammer 40,000 Starter Set and specifically "NOT 7th Edition."

You will note that September falls right smack in the middle of the rumored release slots for Orks (a couple of months before), and Blood Angels (a couple of months after).

On first glance the "not 7th Edition" makes no sense until you go back and read this. This could certainly be the start of GW rolling the "organic living ruleset" for 40K that does away with edition numbers and the sales dips they cause. Instead we would get updated core products such as rulebooks and starter sets from time to time to "bring them up to speed" with all the most current rules additions that have been rolled out in the intervening years.

This rumor comes from high-confidence sources.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/01/breaking-40k-starter-boxed-set-details.html
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
DanB
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: 6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!!    6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Interesting that they don't mention Escalation rules being rolled into the BRB. Might still happen.
Back to top Go down
Crooker
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: 6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!!    6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!! EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 1:26 pm

I'm new to 40k and this formum Is there a lot of 40k plays in nky area because a lot of store are not having 40k events any more in my area were would I have to go to find a game
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: 6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!!    6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!! EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Crooker, how close are you to the East Side of Cincy? There are a couple of stores near Milford that tend to have a bunch of people playing, like EGC. There are a couple other stores, though at the moment their names elude me (I don't game as much as I used to).
Back to top Go down
Stinkyninja
Neophyte
Stinkyninja

PostSubject: Re: 6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!!    6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!! EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:50 pm

If this is in fact true.

Tell Clint to order me 2 box sets I play both factions and will take full advantage of this
as I am sure the new sculpts will be some serious eye candy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!!    6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

6 Edition 40K Box set mark II!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: News and Rumors-
Jump to: