CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) Empty
PostSubject: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 9:01 am

Ok, as a testament to my severe ADD problem, I have recently purchased a IG Chimera, and have attempted to paint it in a similar scheme as the Baneblade (and, if things go well, I'll probably do other tanks similar as well), even though the Baneblade isn't finished yet. Matter of fact, I bought a pack of IG Cadian officers and a Tau Ethereal, even though I've got plenty of those that need finished as well....

Anyhow, here is the Chimera next to the BB:

IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) Chimera

The tank driver isn't complete yet, as I haven't done any of the usual ink/coloring on his clothes, and I haven't done his skin or his visor yet (and his helmet needs some attention too)... Oh, and the dozer blade actually isn't that splotchy looking in normal light, the camera really did a number washing it out....

Anyhow, you thiink it looks like I got close to the look I had with the BB?

Last edited by on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 9:35 am

Camera or no I'm just not loving that dozer. Incorporate the accent in smaller, subtle areas throughout the model instead of one big dose. Your eyes are drawn to that area asap and that is no good. If you have the track guards pop those on and pick out corresponding plates as blue. Just use some sort of balance and you cannot go wrong.

Good job on the tarp and oil cans. All straps look tidy as well. Have your cable on the side a different colour
(maybe that scab red)
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 9:58 am

I guess I can put the track guards on and do the blue on those as well. Really, though, I think that this looks a lot like the IG infantry that I've done to where they really do look a lot better in person. The blue is a lot more subdued when you look at it in natural light. But, I do see your point on it drawing your eyes to the blade, and I do think that the guards being blue would balance it out Smile I had originally thought that I didn't want the guards on there, but I was thinking of it when it was the same color as the rest of the tank, so I think the blue will help me like it more Smile
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 10:00 am

Have at it and post the progress Wink

Can we get a group shot of your army?
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 10:52 am

Yeah, I'll get a group shot over the weekend, since I'm at work, I don't have the minis here Smile
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 11:41 am

I think after seeing this photo, I will be buying a Tanker Fleet, ONLY for painting. I think they are Quite cool looking.

Anyone have any good ideas for somthing kinda of large, or a smaller fleet all in one style.

Thanks again for the insperation.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 11:53 am

Wow.inspired somebody else with my painting.... Smile Cool!

Sigma Golem, have you seen the full pics of the Baneblade tank that I posted earlier? (It's the one in the left of the pic in this thread) If not, check those out, as I posted in progress with it.... But, if you are wanting to do tanks, and like the looks of these, I would say go with Imperial Guard tanks....

Here is a link to the GW page with the IG tanks in it: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=301304&orignav=10&GameNav=10 They are towards the bottom. Also, the have a LOT of tanks in Forgeworld, though they are more expensive than the GW stuff (though, they are made by GW as well, so they have the same motif): http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/IMPERIAL_GUARD_TANKS.html - regular tanks

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/SUPER_HEAVY_TANKS.html - Super heavies

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/IMPERIAL_GUARD_SUPPORT_VEHICLES.html Support vehicles

Any questions, I'm sure there are a bunch of people here who can answer them!

[Edit - by matt]

Here is the Basilisk battery too

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=306010&orignav=301083&ParentID=259626&GameNav=10

And the Emperors First Tank Company

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=303087&orignav=301083&ParentID=259625&GameNav=10

Here is the codex for the Armored Company (An all tank army!)

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/gaming/ac_rules/default.htm

One word of advice though. Armored Companies are occasionally banned from tournaments (as they are pretty unbalanced) and I doubt they will be getting any love in 5th Edition (they will probably go the way of the dodo). Meaning they will most likely be an Apocalypse only army. I'd advise building a tank heavy mechanized Imperial guard army instead. So that you can avoid losing out when 5th rolls around.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 12:47 pm

Joe: painting looks good man!]

I think you should look at real life tank accent colors and go from there. As Marc was saying, the blue on the dozer is just a bit much. A simple accent touch on the side of the tank to show they are a guard unit based in the Ultrimar Segmentum would be enough imo.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 1:16 pm

If I left the top and bottom of the blade as blue, and paint the middle part the Kemhri brown, would that look ok, you guys think? That way, there's still blue there, but it isn't as distracting as what it might be right now, and has accents instead of the entire thing blue.... What do you think? Or should I just go with the whole thing brown and highlight it like I did with the rest of it?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 1:46 pm

I think you should look up tank schemes, I think you will find there is good reason for things to be the way they are.

One example being, if you have some sort of identifier on a vehicle, why put it on the front where only the enemy can see it.

I'll try look for some links later today.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 10:40 am

Marc, I am attaching a pic with all of my current IG that are painted...

Matt, as you can see, I updated the Chimera with the blade being the same color as the rest of it, added the track guards, and painted those as well Smile I haven't drybrushed the dozer blade or the guards yet. I also continued on the guy in the turret as well Smile I'll probaby update the Sentinel so that it has the same colors as the tanks.

IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) IG
Back to top Go down
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 9:33 am

I dont hany any knowledge of any rules from 40K. I have had no inspiraton what so ever to even play the game, we maybe a little. Since the pics were posted of these tanks and ground pounders, Im really gettin the bug to build ONLY one platoon, possible for certain missions alone. From expeience from the other game I play, there is no way in hell to have only one specific roll or platoon, but I thought just maybe....

I have to ask this one question, then Ill let it be untill I find a thread for beginners. Is it possible to have a tanker platoon alone. Or does the platoon with tanker fleets, need to have support, as far as "battle suits", Infantry and others. Would somthing like this fit in to the game.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 10:21 am

Well, Sigma, to tell you the truth, I didn't start painting to play, either. I just started buying the minis to paint them Smile Then, after I had the minis I thought were cool, I wanted to keep painting, so I started making infantry/mecha purchases, and then actually started playing. So, no, you don't have to buy the infantry or any other units if you don't want to. If you want to buy to paint, have at it! Smile Then, if you feel the "need" to play them, you can.

But, I believe you can have an armored company with Imperial Guard, though you may need some infantry as support. But, I'm pretty sure that you can use whatever type army that you want in Apocalypse, meaning you can take any and all tanks if you so desire. Heck, I have these guys to supplement my Ultramarine army (though, if I get enough of these guys, I may just field an Ultramar Imperial Guard army).
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 10:54 am

Thanks for the group shot. Coming along indeed.

The Chimera looks much better now Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)   IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc) Empty

Back to top Go down

IG Chimera (Updated with all IG pic for Marc)
Page 1 of 1