CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the most useless unit in 40k?

Go down 
+11
archite666
LupusGhost
Sexiest_hero
Makari
jpohagan
HAND OF DUME
kainthedragoonx
FrostWolf
Mendin
Matt
Mike Leon
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What is the overall most useless unit in 40k?
Sisters Repentia
What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Necron Pariah
What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Tau Stealthsuit Team
What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Possessed Chaos Space Marines
What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Tyranid Spore Mines
What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 5 ]
Flayed Ones
What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Vespids
What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 7 ]
Tau Ethereal
What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 15 ]
Something else
 8% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 48

AuthorMessage
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the most useless unit in 40k?   What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:06 pm

Angry Bob wrote:
archite666 wrote:
City fight was not that long ago friend. I have played guard since 3rd edition Smile
True while city fight was after 3 ED but still two main set rules ago that time elapse hasn't been a decade or anything.
archite666 wrote:
Youd only use one priest as its all you need for the reroll.
I thought the point was to get as much armor ignoring CC as possible.
archite666 wrote:
And no of course you wouldnt be taking on terminators or anything. But its an ideal unit for a counter charge.
Will pat you on the back if you do the same? 8-)
archite666 wrote:
When we speak of IG in CC terms were never speaking in like a offensive unit, it just doest work. Its always in refernece to a counter charge unit.
If I forget this again just remind me.

Uh sorry, I just reread my post.

You have to forgive the way I type. I just type factually, I dont take into a account how it may sound coming out of someones mouth. I never really understood why people always associate forum talk with actual conversation.

If my post was offensive I apolagise. I say obvious things as a point of discussion, not to infer a lack of knowledge.

You are probably wiser than I, I just like to clarify for any new souls who read these forums and would be confused. Like my friend Cruz. I wouldn't want him thinking guard can run a full CC army. He plays Tau but hopefully you see what i'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: What is the most useless unit in 40k?   What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 2:03 pm

archite666 wrote:
If my post was offensive I apolagise. I say obvious things as a point of discussion, not to infer a lack of knowledge.
Your post was fair and on the up-and-up. No offense of any kind was taking. If my reply seems bitchy in any way then that's my wrong.

Factual honesty is a good thing. So never hesitate to responed with that kind of mindset. I will always appericate it, thank you Archite666.
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: What is the most useless unit in 40k?   What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 9:45 pm

Aw hugs!
Back to top Go down
Kibbles_The_Living_WIP
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: What is the most useless unit in 40k?   What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:15 pm

Im not an IG player, but my Space marine force played against them, after deciding how many points (a VERY quick 500) we exchanged lists to check them out and see what we were up against.

I checked out his list

Conscripts, Conscripts, Conscripts, Conscripts .... Conscripts ... a few gaurdsmen ... Conscripts

>.>

WHY. They are cheap units yes, but feilding them more populated than an ork 1000 is just silly, i had like, a tiny eleite force that were ready for a little bit of everything, instead i had a massive Hodre of ... Human equivilent of Gretchin, with a half decent gun ... for a grot.

What are conscripts for, why are they so cheap, and why do they defeat the object of a small game? there just the same as gaurdsmen, Just bad, and more numourous, MORE than usual IG infantary

(I Won by the way, he found it hard to hit me, then hurt me, i enjoyed charging his weakened units too, that was fun, but i inevatably had some casualtys >.>, Numorous buggers Razz)
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: What is the most useless unit in 40k?   What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:49 pm

Guessing your vote for the worste model is Conscripts. 8-)
Kibbles_The_Living_WIP wrote:
Conscripts, Conscripts, Conscripts, Conscripts .... Conscripts ... a few gaurdsmen ... Conscripts
Up to fifty conscripts in a single Infantry Platoon slot. It can happen, no clue why someone would spend the money much less the points to do it.
(I Won by the way, he found it hard to hit me, then hurt me, i enjoyed charging his weakened units too, that was fun, but i inevatably had some casualtys >.>, Numorous buggers Razz)
BS 2 ain't fun, the gangers in plannetary defense forces were much cooler. They gave up the wonder Armor 5+ instead of the BS, WS, and Ld loss of conscripts.

So basically he was hitting Space Marines with one third of his shots. Of the Str 3 hits only one third wounded. With Power Armor the wounds only net one third casulties. Out of every one hundred shots statistically we would see 3.7 Space Marines dead.

Even a small unit of Assault Marines should be able to take the hits, make contact and win in CC. So maybe 3 or 5 dead Assault Marines for 200 points and 50 models of conscripts.

Lasguns are not to be relied on in any way. When mine fail for their points I don't get upset, when they kill I am midly pleased. Since Third ED lasguns are little more for a token thing for the meat sack to carry before he dies protecting someone with a real weapon. It is the reaon why my core choices are generally few. Even with the point drop on regular infantry squads I will not hold my breath over them suddenly becoming useful for anything other than scoring objectives.

Give IG fortifications or pleanty of buildings it isn't so bad. So with the new rules making cover saves easier than .... well Easy Cheese things may get better. But not going to rush back into using Platoons.

Last edited by Angry Bob on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kibbles_The_Living_WIP
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: What is the most useless unit in 40k?   What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 6:05 am

Angry Bob wrote:
Guessing your vote for the worste model is Conscripts. 8-)

So basically he was hitting Space Marines with one third of his shots. Of the Str 3 hits only one third wounded. With Power Armor the wounds only net one third casulties. Out of every one hundred shots statistically we would see 3.7 Space Marines dead.

You just Gotta love the math.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most useless unit in 40k?   What is the most useless unit in 40k? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the most useless unit in 40k?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2