CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*

Go down 
+11
Nathan
dan
Makari
Bojesphob
CJ
Mad Dok grotsnik
JMarv
Matt
Rhino-182
FrostWolf
Marc
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm of the opinion that it should be around 4-5k a side with 1-2 players a team (preferably make them equal) with some theme behind the game.

i also think a more interesting board would be cool. One where line of sight is an issue etc.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 5:05 pm

But if you are going to use more then that you need to make it a bigger in order to make it more playable and have more time. You also have to have someone(nathan would be perfect) who can act as the rules person to the end of if their is a rule that isnt competly clear they would have final say or one from each side(both would have to be level headed.....Im out and be willing to take the postition without arguement from anyone in the game either)
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 5:12 pm

I don't often have many rules arguments that aren't easily ended with a quick flick through the rulebook.

I still don't think that adding players the more points you go is the answer. Too many people around the board just gets stupid. Saturday was a prime example.

A nice quite 2v2 could easily go up to 10k a side and still be more easily played than the crap we had on Saturday.

I am also convinced that there needs to be some sort of terrain set or at least significant feature for this kind of game. Just playing a larger game of 40k doesn't cut it in my opinion... not for the amount of time and effort one of these games takes.

Another thing is that none of us besides maybe the necron players have a true apocalypse force. We all play with crap we have for regular games with a few things sprinkled on that really don't help in a game like this.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 5:22 pm

I never saide directly more players I said same amount as we had. In order to work that # of people you need to add more points. On the terrain you are correct we need more unquie stuff in order to make it work better.
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 6:28 pm

Matt wrote:
I'm of the opinion that it should be around 4-5k a side with 1-2 players a team (preferably make them equal) with some theme behind the game.
i totally agree in every way
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 7:12 pm

I am SO ENVIOUS of you guys. Back in the day I used to play many a mega-battle and now they have speciality rules for it. Most of December leading into January has just been so terrible for getting in games. Grrrrr. Missing out on Saturday is like a kick to the crotch, doube GRRR!

My thanks for people posting their thoughts, obseravtions, and opinions on the game. Very curious about Apokolypse here. So everything stated is very helpful.

I think my buddy Nick easily has 5k worth of Tau, if the force charts are as open as they imply he can go higher.

If I field most of my armor and infantry I should be able to reach 10k. But fair warning last time I had to move that much with a teamate even with our fast efforts it takes time. Hopefully the Apokolypse book speeds things up some. Would love to break out the Mortar Platoon if they are remotely useful now.

Also still have my terrain in the portable filing boxes. Although my city stuff is still loose but I have enough to cover most of an 4 by 8 table.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 7:28 pm

No force org chart in apoc, so field all you want.

We even had someone with the intelligence to field a 1500 point unit on saturday!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 8:07 am

That was pretty funny, IMO. Not too often you see someone with a 1500 pt. unit like that! Maybe we could do another game sometime soon that's about the same size, but split between two groups? That might make it a bit easier to handle...
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 8:39 pm

There's no such thing as intelligent design. And that unit would have kicked some serious ass. How is it that this is over, and we're still adding more pages to it?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 8:42 pm

it went from the date to what needs to be done to fix the problem I still say you can fight at that # of people you just need to up the points to at least 10k each side if not 12-15k each side and have it set for 2 days
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 8:50 pm

With a wider table.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 1:28 am

yeah that is one of the big problems nathan.
Back to top Go down
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 4:13 pm

kinda random, but i think this is the largest topic an the forums. it still lives even after the game is over!
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 4:50 pm

Yeah, maybe we should start a specific Apocalypse topic over in general 40K and let this die.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 5:55 pm

if someone is so inclined they can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*   APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change* - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

APOCALYPSE SATURDAY JAN 5th *date change*
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5