CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not much of a report

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve
Initiate
Initiate
Steve

Not much of a report Empty
PostSubject: Not much of a report   Not much of a report EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 12:29 pm

Well I left the camera at the house and mentioned to CJ I wasnt planning on a bat rep. So halfway through turn 4 he tells me that he was expecting one. So no pics and no notes to run off of I will summarize to the best of my knowledge.

CJ and I set up terrain. It was GW style just everything shifted to left about 8". So we roled a mission and we got cleanse, 2 times in a row for me. I won the role to pick quarters so knowing that he is playing heavy crisis I pick the corner that would give him only one piece of terrain in his zone, and all the others we on the boarder.

CJ posted his list in the March 1st thread.

Ultramarines 2000
151 Epistolary Fod/FoTA, Jump Pack, B. Pistol, Frag
223 Tact x8- P. Gun, H. Bolter, P. Fist- Rhino Smoke, and EA
223 Tact x8- P. Gun, H. Bolter, P. Fist- Rhino Smoke, and EA
100 Tact x5- P. Gun, Las
100 Tact x5- P. Gun, Las
100 Tact x5- P. Gun, H. Bolter
115 Vets x5- P. Gun, Las, Infiltrate
240 Termies x5- 2 Assault Cannons
200 Devs x8- 4 Missile Launchers
130 Pred Ann- H. Bolters
130 Pred Ann- H. Bolters
216 Assault x8- 2 P. Pistol, P. Fist
80 Tornado

CJ deployed everything behind, inside, or next to the building deep in his corner. I push everything into the center with open firing lanes everywhere.

CJ got the first turn and wiped out my vets. After that I just pushed the horseshoe closed. My Libby pinned a firewarrior team and crisis team for the first 3 turns, but only killed a shield drone and put a wound on a suit.
We traded tanks the first few turns, his 6 pirhannas for my preds and a rhino. The last few turns saw CJ leaving his suits open to my devs and him losing 5 Suits in 2 turns. On the last turn I jumped my Libby at what was left in his deployement zone, breaking everything that was left( 2 squads of FW and a 3 man team and single crisis suit). The only other thing left of the Tau was the Hammerhead and some gun drones. I had 4 scoring tact squads and the devs left scoring at the end.

It was a great game, and very close until turn 5. I think next time if its my choice I will give CJ the heavy terrain so I can see how his army really works. Although I think that game might end with a lot of dead marines.

Sorry about not having pics or more detail. I will bring the camera next week, promise.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Not much of a report   Not much of a report EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Sounds like it was a good game. Thanks for posting.

Kudos for going to 2k too, trying something a little different is always fun.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sigma Golem
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sigma Golem

PostSubject: Re: Not much of a report   Not much of a report EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 8:00 am

Im really happy for you Ultramarine. I was so sick and tired of hearing how tough and unstoppable the tua Army is.

He deserves it!!!!
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Not much of a report   Not much of a report EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 10:14 am

Sigma....you need a 40k army....then I can shut your mouth....lol

I notice Ultra only mentions his highlights...lol

My Tau did do some amazing things....after a few rules clarifications.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Not much of a report   Not much of a report EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 12:45 pm

Quote :
I was so sick and tired of hearing how tough and unstoppable the tua Army is.

Sig... you're not talking about CJ's army are you?
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Not much of a report   Not much of a report EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 2:51 pm

I hope not....must be other people.....

Tau can be tough....I did keep Steve on his toes our entire game and only reason I lost was cuz of his damn Libraian and that spook psychi power he used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not much of a report   Not much of a report Empty

Back to top Go down

Not much of a report
Page 1 of 1